Ch. 22

NARI

The sun rose, shining with a bright yellow sky. It was almost fall season, but heat was still present in the mean time.

I turned off my timer and got up, and got ready for work.

I headed to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine, and put on some light makeup, then threw on a simple outfit and headed downstairs.

"Good morning Nari, had a good sleep?", Mr Hwang asked as he smiled at me.

"Yup! And ready for work.", I replied returning the smile.

"Good luck!", he said as I thanked him and left. The cafe wasn't that far away, so I just walked there.

As I walked through the streets, the sun was shining so brightly today, that anyone could even get blinded by it.

Bells of the cafe door was heard as I opened it, smelling the fresh scent of coffee as it run through my head.

I walked towards the counter and wore my apron and started my day.

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:10

Exhaustion was written throughout my face, as I went inside to gather my stuff so I can leave the cafe.

But then suddenly my manager came inside.

"Hey Nari, before you go, there's someone that wants to talk to you.", he said.

Huh?

Is it Sunghoon?

Yeji?

I smiled at my manager and nodded as I went out, only to meet with long black hair, plump lips, and a stupid beautiful face near the counter.

I scoffed which made him turn around to look at me, and when he did he gave me a weak smile.

"You wanted to see me?", I asked annoyed as I crossed my arms.

"Uh yeah I..did, should we..sit.?", he replied as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

I sighed as I led him to a table and we both sat.

"So? What is it you want to say?", I asked, one brow raised as I looked at him.

He cleared his throat as he relaxed in his chair and then he started talking.

"Well...as you've seen what happened that week at the club...you didn't give me the chance to tell you what exactly happened..", he said as I just kept looking at him and not saying anything.

I would prefer to stay quiet when it comes to things like this.

"Anyway..", he continued "I was actually first at Felix's, then he told Minho and I to go with him, which I at first didn't agree, but as they kept begging me I did."

"Well, I didn't tell you not to go to a club, you can go you know, who am I to tell you not you.", I then said, face with zero emotion, but breaking inside.

He just then looked down.

"We went to the club together and I was hanging out them, but both went to flirt and dance with some girls and I-"