part 27 - calm before the storm

Sunday April 13, 2025

Kiera POV

Paige and I are in New York for the draft, and her stylist is picking out outfits for tomorrow. It's my first time having a personal stylist, and I can't help but feel excited about getting all dressed up. As I glance over at Paige, I can see the nerves written all over her—her hands are shaking slightly, a clear sign she's anxious.

Every time I get anxious, she takes my hand, so I do the same for her and press a kiss on it. She looks over at me and gives a small smile. I can still see the nervousness in her eyes, but I hope I've helped ease it, even just a little.

Brittney picks out a purple suit for Paige from KidSuper, and for me, she chooses a black sparkly dress. She then shows us inspiration for our hair and makeup, which makes the whole look come together perfectly. I'll have purple eyeshadow to match Paige's suit, while her hair will be styled in braids pulled into a bun.

As Brittney steps away to grab a few more accessories, I glance back at Paige. She's still fidgeting with her hands, trying to hide her nerves behind a calm smile. I squeeze her hand a little tighter, hoping to ease the tension.

"You're going to look amazing tomorrow," I whisper, leaning closer to her. "And you'll do great."

Paige turns to me, her small smile returning, but I can see the weight of tomorrow lingering in her eyes. "It's just... a lot," she admits, her voice soft but vulnerable. "I've worked so hard for this moment, and now that it's here, it feels so real."

I nod, understanding the gravity of what she's feeling. "I know, but you've earned this. And no matter what happens, I'm right here with you."

She takes a deep breath, and for a moment, the tension in her shoulders eases. "Thank you," she murmurs, squeezing my hand in return.

Just then, Brittney reappears with a pair of Jimmy Choos for Paige and some sparkly jewelry for me. "Now, let's make sure you both steal the spotlight tomorrow."

Paige chuckles softly, and I catch a glimmer of excitement in her eyes. Maybe the nerves aren't completely gone, but I know she's ready. And as long as we're together, I feel ready too.

Brittney hands Paige the shoes, and I watch as she turns them over in her hands, inspecting every detail. "These are perfect," she says quietly, almost like she's convincing herself.

I smile, slipping on the earrings Brittney gave me. "See? You're going to look incredible."

Paige glances at me, her eyes softening. "And you—you're going to steal the show." Her voice is teasing, but I can hear the affection underneath.

We finish trying on the outfits and Brittney leaves us to finalize our outfits. As soon as the door closes behind her, Paige pulls me closer, wrapping her arms around my waist. Her touch feels more reassuring than it usually does, as if she's trying to find some grounding in all the chaos.

"I don't think I can do this without you," she murmurs, resting her forehead against mine. I feel her breath, shaky but warm, and I know she's not talking about just the draft anymore.

"You won't have to," I whisper back, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. "I'm not going anywhere."

Paige pulls back, her eyes meeting mine, and for a second, the world outside this hotel room fades away. It's just us—no cameras, no media, no expectations. Just two people who understand each other better than anyone else.

The moment lingers until her phone buzzes on the table, breaking the silence. She pulls away with a sigh, checking the screen. "Coach wants to meet for dinner in an hour."

"Do you want to go?" I ask, knowing she's still feeling the weight of tomorrow.

She shrugs, her uncertainty creeping back in. "I should, but honestly... I kind of just want to stay here with you."

I nod, taking her hand again. "Then let's do that. We can order room service, chill out, and just... be."

Paige looks relieved, her smile growing a little wider. "That sounds perfect."

We settle onto the couch, flipping through the room service menu. There's something so normal about this moment—just the two of us, relaxing together, away from all the pressure. I can feel her calming down with every minute, her hand resting gently in mine as we talk about what to order.

Paige glances over at me as I ramble about the dessert options. "Hey," she says softly, interrupting my train of thought.

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

Her words are so simple, but they hit me hard. I feel my heart swell, and a warm smile spreads across my face. "I love you too, Paige."

Our lips connect and I sit back and she tilts me back, to gain access. Her fingers latch on to my cunt and within a second she is deep in me.

I let out a deep moan before Paige says "Is this okay?" she asks me.

"Yes, ma" I reply, letting the words fall out of my mouth regardless of how hard it was to get the words out of my mouth.

"Ma, you're getting it," she says with a little laugh. She pulls out the strap and spreads on top of me. The strap enters my body and my body feels like it's on fire. She humps me aggressively, and I take it.

"Faster," I scream, and she listens to my request. She continues to hump me aggressively. I hit my high.

A knock on the door scares us a little bit. "Fuck the food," I say getting out of bed, and throwing on the UConn championship shirt she got when they won it. Paige hides her nude body in the bathroom while I answer the door.

I grab the food that we ordered that looks like it would be enough to feed a feast. "Cock blocker," Paige mumbles as she walks out of the bathroom.

"You don't have a cock," I reply, setting the food down on the desk.

"Mentally I do."

We shared our food, taking a little bit of pasta, chicken, burgers, and fries. Paige glanced at the spread with a playful smirk. "We better be careful. If we eat this much, we're not gonna fit in our outfits tomorrow."

I chuckled, twirling a forkful of rosé pasta. "Not 'we,' you have the fastest metabolism I've ever seen. Me, on the other hand, I have to be a bit more cautious."

Paige raised an eyebrow, teasingly. "Oh, really? I seem to remember you devouring an entire pizza last week."

"That was a special occasion!" I protested with a grin. "Tonight, I'm being responsible. But don't worry, I'll save room for the dress. I promise."

She laughed, shaking her head. "Alright, if you say so. I'll just have to make sure not to overdo it myself."

We continued eating, the conversation flowing easily between bites. Paige's earlier nerves seemed to have melted away, replaced by the comfort of our shared laughter and easy camaraderie.

As we finished up, I noticed Paige leaning back with a satisfied sigh. "You know, this has been really nice," she said, looking around the cozy hotel room. "Thanks for being here with me."

I reached out, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "Of course. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

We settled into a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company before the whirlwind of tomorrow. The room was filled with a sense of calm and anticipation, and I knew that whatever the draft held, we would face it together.

A/N - please don't be a quiet reader i love reading comments!!!

A/N - watching superstore

A/N - also what team we feeling paige to be on in my book i still havent decided whoops