𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

"Get in" Daryl told the girl as he opened the driver's door. She nodded before walking to the passenger's seat and getting in. 

The truck had a bunch of bodies in the bed. Daryl drove the truck up the hill to where Shane and Rick were digging. 

"I still think it's a mistake not burning these bodies. It's what we said we'd do, right? Burn 'em all, wasn't that the idea?" Daryl yelled getting out of the truck, Bentley doing the same. 

"At first." Shane replied.

"The Chinaman gets all emotional, says it's not the thing to do, we just follow him along? These people need to know who the hell's in charge here, what the rules are." Daryl growled. "His name's Glenn ya'know." Bentley rolled her eyes.

"There are no rules." Rick stated.

"Well, that's a problem. We haven't had one minute to hold onto anything of our old selves. We need time to mourn and we need to bury our dead. It's what people do." Lori stepped in.

Bentley stepped onto the truck bed and began rolling the body's to Daryl. He dragged them to the holes, Shane and Rick covered the graves with dirt. 

After the body's were all buried. Well almost, Amy still needed to be buried. Andrea dragged Amy's body which was wrapped in a white sheet and pulled her into the grave. 

Lori and Carl cried next to Rick. Bentley stood alone watching the horrific scene. 

It didn't take Shane long to cover the body with dirt. Within a hour they were all walking down the hill back to the camp.

Bentley stood against the RV trying to get the dirt from her nails. She was disgusting, covered in blood and dirt. Carl walked over to her.

"Bentley?" Carl asked. Bentley looked away from her hands and down at the boy in front of her. Carl only latched his arms around her waist and cried. 

Bentley felt her stomach churn. "Carl..." Bentley sighed. She pulled the boy off of her and bent down to her knees.

"I know this world is hard, it's sad, it's mean. But your going to beat it." Bentley tells the boy. Carl sniffled a few times.

"I'm scared." Carl spoke tiredly. "I am too, but fear will get you killed. You can't let the fear win." Bentley nods her head. "Okay?" 

"Okay." Carl nodded. "Everytime that fear creeps in, you fight it. Don't let it in. It's a weakness and in this world we can't afford weakness." 

Carl seemed to take Bentley's words to heart. His eyes stopped watering and he gained a straighter face. "I'm not afraid." He spoke. 

Bentley smiled proudly. "Good." Bentley spoke. She ruffled his hair before she walked away.

"I've been, uh... I've been thinking about Rick's plan. Now look, there are no... There are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that. I've known this man a long time. I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together. So those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning." Shane spoke to the camp. Bentley jogged over and stood next to Daryl.

Everyone nodded and walked off. Night fell over the camp quickly. Bentley walked into Daryl's tent. 

She unzipped it. Daryl laid on his side. "Can I sleep here?" She asked. He nodded. 

Bentley untied her boots and slid them off. "What do you think about leaving the camp to go to CDC?" She asked. Daryl shrugged. "We're not safe anywhere." 

"That, I agree with." Bentley raised her eyebrows. She sat down in the cot across from Daryl and laid down. 

"Do you think we're actually going to survive this?" Bentley asked. Her tone was no longer giddy or happy. It had fear laced through it.