𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

Carl, Rick, and Michonne returned from their run in one piece. Bentley smiled proudly as Carl hugged her tightly.

Rick, Hershel, Daryl, and Bentley were going to meet the governor. Try to negotiate. As they arrived no other cars or anyone was there. They assumed they arrived first. Daryl followed behind on his bike.

Hershel rolled the windows down looking around as Rick exited the car.

The plan was Hershel and Bentley stayed on watch as Daryl and Rick looked around. Bentley got out of the car and stayed by the passenger door. She looked in every direction as the men ran off.

About five minutes passed by. "This is too long. I'm gonna go check on them. Drive around." Bentley whispers. Hershel nods. Bentley runs off in between some large metal cylinders.

Daryl came into sight as Hershel pulled around. "He's already in there. Sat down with Rick." Daryl states. 

"I don't see any cars." Hershel says. "It don't feel right. Keep it running." Daryl looks around. A large van pulls up as Bentley aims her gun. "Heads up!" Daryl aims his crossbow. They pull up blocking the exit. Hershel exits his car.

Andrea and two other men exit the car. "What the hell? Why's your boy already in there?" Daryl asks.

"He's here?" Andrea asks storming inside. "Yup." Daryl answers. Bentley keeps her gun up aimed at the two men. One of them looked nerdy and the other looked like he could be in the military.

"Maybe I should go inside." Hershel states. "The Governor thought it best if he and Rick spoke privately." The nerdy one says. "Who the hell are you?" Daryl asks.

"Milton Mamet." 

"Great he brought bus buttler." Daryl looks around. The man beside him chuckles. Bentley drops her aim due to her arm being tired.

"I'm his advisor." Milton says. "What kind of advisor?" Daryl asks. "Planning. Biters. Uh, you know, I'm sorry. I don't feel like I need to explain myself to the henchmen." Milton says. Bentley inhales. "Watch your mouth."

"Look, if you and I are gonna be out here pointing guns at each other all day, do me a favor, shut your mouth." The man says. Daryl walks up in his face. "We don't need this. If all goes south in there, we'll be at each other's throats soon enough." Hershel says. Daryl backs down. 

Bentley continues her glare. Andrea walks out of the barn and takes a look around. She looks at Bentley and decides to walk away and sit down on a bench. Daryl paces back and forth.

"Stop pacing your making me dizzy." Bentley huffs.

"There's no reason not to use this time we have together to explore the issues ourselves." Milton walks over. Bentley chuckles. 

"Boss said to sit tight and shut up." The man says. "Don't you mean the Governor?" Bentley asks, getting under his skin.

"It's a good thing they're sitting down, especially after what happened. They're gonna work it out. Nobody wants another battle." Milton explains.

"I wouldn't exactly call it a battle."  Daryl says. "I would call it a battle and I did. I recorded it." Milton holds up a mini journal. "For what?" Daryl asks.