𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

"He's still not back yet?" Bentley questioned. 

"No." Rick replies. "Well I'm going out there." Bentley tries to walk off but Rick grabbed her arm pulling her back.

"It's Daryl, he can handle himself." Rick tries. Bentley shakes her head. "It's been to long, I don't have a good feeling." She replies. 

"Walker! Walker!" Andrea shouts from the RV. Bentley looks around seeing nothing. She grabs her machete and runs towards Andrea.

"Just the one?" Rick asks. Andrea pulls out the sniper. "I bet I can nail it from here." 

"Don't! Do not shoot Andrea." Bentley yells.

"No!" Rick shouts. Bentley runs out towards where Andrea pointed her gun. "You'd best let us handle this." Shane threatens. 

"Shane, hold up. Hershel wants to deal with walkers." Rick pulls Bentley back. 

"What for, man? We got it covered." 

Bentley takes off towards the walker again. Shane passes her.

A familiar face limps forward. Daryl.

"Daryl?" She questions. Rick aims his gun. Daryl had blood all over him. His mouth, his head, his side. 

The thing that caught her eye most of all was the ears he had dangling around his neck wearing them like a necklace. 

"That's the third time you've pointed that thing at my head. You gonna pull the trigger or what?" Daryl asks. Bentley rushes to his side. 

"What the hell happened?" She asks. A gunshot rings through the air and Daryl falls. 

Bentley was so taken aback she didn't move for a second. Finally she drops to Daryl's side. He didn't move.

"No, no, no, no, no." Bentley whispered. She checked his head and it was grazed. Thank god it missed his brain by a inch. Possibly two.

Rick screams a series of No's. 

His eyes open as he wipes the side of his head. Rick and Shane lift him up. 

"I was kidding!" Daryl shouts. Bentley would've laughed but she was quite actually shaking with fear.

Dale and Andrea sprint towards them. "Oh my God. Oh my God, is he dead?" Andrea shouts. Bentley balls her hand into a fist as Andrea reaches them. Bentley throws her fist hitting Andrea straight in the jaw. 

"Woah!" Glenn grabs her from behind holding her back. "We told you not to shoot!" Bentley yells as Andrea holds her cheek.

"Bentley! Hold it together." Rick shouts. Bentley composes herself before looking to Daryl who was now passed out as he was dragged. 

"You just grazed him." Rick states Andrea sighs in relief. "But look at him. What the hell happened? He's wearing ears." Glenn panics. Bentley rips the ears from his neck and throws them to the ground.

"Let's keep that to ourselves." Bentley catches her breath.

"Guys, isn't this Sophia's?" T-dog asks holding up a stuffed doll. Bentley had a look of horror. 

They continued dragging Daryl into the house and into a bed. Hershel stitched Daryl's head and wound. Rick and Shane sat down in a chair beside the bed and Bentley sat down on the edge of the bed. 

Hersel removed Daryl's shirt and stitched Daryl's side. He began to stir awake. "Are you okay?" Bentley asks. She grabs a towel that was on the bed and handed it to him to stop his head from bleeding. 

Daryl nods and props his head up on his arm. 

"Yeah, I found her Doll. Found it washed up on the creek bed right there. She must have dropped it crossing there somewhere." Daryl states. 

"Cuts the grid almost in half." Rick looks to Shane. "Yeah, you're welcome." Daryl looks over at his side. 

"How's he looking?" Bentley asks Hershel. 

"He'll be alright. I had no idea we'd be going through the antibiotics so quickly. Any idea what happened to my horse?" He asks while rinsing his hands off.