𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

Glenn and Maggie went to get the others. Daryl and Rick threw the dead bodies off the second floor.

Bentley and T-dog dragged them to the corner. The others came inside with all their belongings.

"Home sweet home." Glenn smiles to Bentley. She stiffles one back.

" For the time being." Rick nods. "It's secure?" Lori asks. 

"This cell block is." Rick replies. "What about the rest of the prison?" Hershel asks. " In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria, and the infirmary." Rick replies. Bentley nods. 

"We'll sleep in the cells?" Beth asks. "I found the keys on some guards. Daryl has a set too." Rick replies. 

"I ain't sleeping in no cage. I'll take the perch." Daryl says. Bentley avoids looking at him. She takes her bag and picks a cell in the corner upstairs. She unpacks her bag and cleans off the mattress that had some papers on it. 

She looks out of her cell and watches as Daryl grabs a pillow and lays down on the floor. Bentley walks out of her cell and past him. She begins picking up all the papers and trash off the floor. Everyone else had went to sleep.

She felt his gaze on her but continued to ignore it. "Go to sleep Bentley." Rick's voice spoke as he walked down the stairs.

"Don't feel like it." She responded. "You didn't sleep last night either." Rick states. Bentley felt the lack of sleep kicking in. The grumpiness was definitely not helping. 

"So?" She asks looking at the man. "We have a day tomorrow. You need to get some sleep. " Rick walks up to her. Bentley stares into his deep blue eyes. She tries to hold the eye contact but fails. 

She sighs before returning back up the stairs passed Daryl. She entered the empty cell and laid down. 

Morning came around quick. It was safe to say Bentley felt much better. 

Hershel, Maggie, T-dog, Daryl, Glenn, Rick, and Bentley all got their supplies ready to search the cafeteria, and the infirmary.

"Flashbangs, CS Triple-Chasers. Not sure how they'd work on walkers, but we'll take them." Rick states showing all the supplies they found. 

Daryl grimances picking up a helmet that had skin and blood covering the insides. "I ain't wearing this shit." 

"We could boil them." T-dog suggests. "Ain't enough firewood in a whole forest, no! Besides, we've made it this far without them right?" Daryl asks.

Carol walks out of her and Lori's cell. "Hershel?" 

"Everything alright?" Rick asks as Hershel walks into the cell. "Yeah, nothing to worry about."

Carl lifts a clean helmet and puts it on. Rick takes it off him quickly. "You won't need that, I need you to stay put."

" You're kidding!" Carol yells. Rick shakes his head. "We don't know what's in there. If something goes wrong, you could be the last man standing. I need you to handle things here."

That definitely made Carl feel better because with a smile he agreed,  "Sure." Carl nods. Rick hands him the keys as they all exit the block. 

Carl locks the door behind him. They all set off into the erie quiet prison. Bentley held the flashlight up so Rick and Daryl could see. She wished she couldn't see because as soon as they rounded the corner skeletons were everywhere. Stench filled their nostrils.

Glenn used some spray paint to point arrows in which direction they came from so they could backtrack. The smell of the paint helped cover the stench of death.

Maggie let out a yelp as Glenn walked into her. Bentley shot around machete ready to kill but quickly relaxed.

They continued around each corner ready for walkers to jump out at them. A thud sounded in front of them. Bentley paused as fear rushed through her body. "Go back!" Daryl yelled.