𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 6

Taehyung pov ,

I rushed back to my room as soon as the Minister adjourned the meeting. If no one was going to help me, I had to go back to the coven so I could get ready to start the search myself.
After sending yoon and yoonjin a quick text about leaving, I yanked my duffel bag out of the corner and stuffed anything I had pulled out, back in.

However, a knock on the door distracted me from my task.

"Come in," I yelled as I headed into the bathroom to check if I had packed everything. When I turned around, I ran right into a solid chest.

"What the-"
My head shot up, and I pursed my lips, walking around the wolf who had followed me into the bathroom.

"Taehyung."

The way he growled my name sent a shiver up my spine and caused the hair on the back of my neck to rise. I only had the mate bond to blame for the reaction I had to him and his rough voice.

"Yes, jungkook?"

I waited for him to snap at me for using his first name without his title, but he ignored it and started talking.

"Taehyung, we need to talk."

"I'm listening, jungkook. I know how to multitask," I smiled sweetly which made him frown.

"I wanted to make sure you were aware that you must come to my pack with me."
I paused.

Go to his pack? With him? After he said
'No'?

With an eyebrow raised, I looked over my shoulder to see jungkook standing with his arms crossed, his biceps bulging other the expensive material of his shirt.

"Give me one good reason why I should go with you jungkook ".

Jungkook stared at me blankly,

"Because you have an obligation as my mate-"

I dropped the shirt I was folding on the bed and
turned around completely,

"You expect me to fulfill my 'obligation as a mate' when you haven't completed yours?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You really don't get it, do you, jungkook? If I am your mate, you are my mate too. I expect you to return the same commitment that I am supposed to give you. Ten minutes ago, you sat in that conference room and said you wouldn't help me. Now, you expect me to come and do whatever being your mate entails. I don't think that's how this works."