𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 8

Jungkook pov,

I returned taehyung welcome greeting with a small smile.

"So," taehyung slung his duffel bag over his shoulder,

"What convinced you to join me?"
My lips pressed together in a thin frown.
Should I take the bag from taehyung's hands? he seemed comfortable carrying it himself. I did not want to give him the impression that I did not think taehyung was capable of carrying things himself.

"Can you smell what's in my duffel bag?"
I blinked and knitted my eyebrows together,

"Pardon?"

Taehyung tilted his head, causing his hair to fall to one side,

"You're staring at my bag so intensely. I didn't pack any lingerie if that's what you're hoping for."

Did taehyung say lingerie?
My wolf let out a low growl, and somehow an image of taehyung dressed in nothing but a red pair of lace underwear formed in my head.

"Are you sweating?"

My eyes darted to taehyung, who was tying his hair into a bun on top of his head with his wand while staring at me curiously.

There was a hint of smugness to taehyung tone, and I maintained my calm facade even though my insides were burning with unwarranted emotions.

"I'm fine. In fact, it is quite cold outside. You should bundle up and cover as much skin as possible," I stated, nodding towards taehyung's closet and hoping he did not think too much about my silent plea.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow and took a jacket off a hanger,

"So what convinced you to come? You never answered my question."

I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my pants and leaned my shoulder against the wall,

"It is a long story. I won't explain it."

In actuality, I didn't want to tell taehyung what happened. There were some things that were better not told, especially this it's so much embarrassing.

FLASHBACK

I glared at xukai one last time as he nursed his black eye before turning to the doorway of doom.

My mother was probably standing behind that door, waiting with a knife of some sort to skin me alive or better with his slippers.

I didn't exactly fear my mother, but there were days where it was better to steer clear of him. Mom had a shorter temper than me, and it had created many disasters in the past. And knowing jimin, he was most likely waiting with my mother to take part in my execution.

If only xukai had shut his mouth and let me handle my mother.

I pulled the key out and unlocked the door as quietly as possible. My first instinct was to put my foot inside first to test the waters before entering completely.

My father was standing in the middle of the door steps with an eyebrow raised as if he was awaiting my presence.

"It was about time you showed up, kid. I thought you had run away to escape your mate," he chuckled, stepping forward to close the door behind me.