𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 13

ranjita321

Taehyung pov ,

Minho had not changed a bit since I last saw him - the cropped military style black hair, the slender body structure, and the piercing green eyes that glared into people's souls.

Back when the two of us were apprentices, there were several witches who found Minho attractive despite his less than stellar personality.

He was known to be the hump and dump man of the Coven because he could care less about all the broken hearts he left behind.

"Taehyung," he purred, "You look as stunning as you did when we worked together. It is a pity that you are taken. Word around the witch's corner is that the Moon Goddess had assigned a mutt as your soulmate."

I stiffened and immediately gripped the bottom of jungkook's shirt as I heard growled behind me, sending vibrations down my spine.

Jungkook breath tickled my ear when he leaned over to whisper in my ear,

"Can we not just kill him? It would save us a lot of trouble."

I shook my head lightly so minho, who was busy studying our crew, wouldn't notice,

"You see how the tree is glowing? He turned that tree into a shield and as long as he is attached to that tree, nothing can get to him. Anything thrown at him will   backfire on us."
It was hard to see at certain angles, but I could make out the faint silver glow around the tree.

We would have to force Minho to
move away to attack him.

Jungkook snorted and muttered quietly, "That
explains why he is practically grinding against the poor tree."

"And who is this pretty boy?"
My eyes darted back to Minho, who was running his eyes up and down on jimin's
figure. Jimin snarled at him and yanked a large
hunting knife out of his bag.

"The boy who will skin you alive."

"Feisty wolf. I like it," Minho smirked, "Why don't you come with me, baby? We can have a lot of fun."

Jimin growled, "Oh, we'll have fun alright, while you scream and bleed in pain and I laugh at your misery."

It seemed jungkook and jimin were more alike than I thought. I supposed being his commander meant jimin was used to blood
and gore.

I pursed my lips as jimin continued to yell at minho, who was highly amused, and pulled my wand out of my pocket carefully, making sure to not draw his attention to it.

"creaturae Malutem," I whispered, causing a silver, glittery strand to flow out of my wand in waves and form a little circle before me and out of Minho's sight.

The waves of magic crackled as they flowed
up and down in quick motions, circling the tip of my wand. I rotated my wand in the same direction the waves were moving and made the circle larger.

When I was satisfied with its size, I directed my wand at myself, and then at jungkook, and continued to point at every person on our side. It was like playing connect the dots with a strand of magic.

"Oh tae, you did not need to make a safety net. I'm not here to hurt you," Minho said as he eyed the net.

I gave him a blank stare, "If you're not here to hurt us, why did you make a shield?"

"Because I feared that you would attack me before I explained my presence. But now that I have your attention, I wanted to tell you that
you could stop your stupid little search for the Book of  I already have it."

He was lying through his teeth. His posture was too stiff, his jaw was ticking, and his fingers kept twitching nervously.

"Is that so?" I asked, playing along to his little
game.

"I found it just a few days ago. When the full
moon comes out, I will open the portal to the underworld, and none of you will be able to stop me and remember I will get your this necklace also " Minho hissed at the end.

I pretended to be paying attention to what he
was saying when in actuality, I was watching his hand. It was the only part of his body touching the tree, and I was waiting for the moment he would let it fall.

"Jungkook, distract him," I whispered,
"Keep talking with him ."

I felt jungkook's eyes bore into the back of my
head, but he complied to my demands as I
moved to the front of the group,

"If you have the book, why don't you show us?"
And just as I thought, minho let go of the tree when he addressed jungkook's question.

A burst of light flew out of my wand and
straight at minho, who stood there calmly. It hit him hard, and he flew back, hitting a tree before landing on the ground in a heap.

I stared at his body in a stunned silence.
That was too easy.

Jungkook appeared by my side and frowned at the body,

"He didn't even move. It was almost as if he wanted you to kill him."

I walked up to Minho's body and kneeled next to it before searching through his clothes for his wand. When I found it in the inside pocket of his coat, I pulled it out and studied it.

"This isn't his wand," I said, looking back to find the whole group standing nearby.

"If that isn't his wand, that means it isn't..."
Sunoo trailed off, swallowing as he understood what that meant.

I exhaled deeply and placed the tip of
my wand on Minho's forehead, quietly
muttering a spell to change his body to its original form.

His body glowed and started growing smaller
and thicker. His hair changed to a muddy brown color, and his cheeks grew chubbier. All of his facial features changed to that of a much younger boy.

He had used a teenage wizard as a host and
morphed the boy's appearance to look like
him.

"He's still alive then," I stated,

"And he doesn't have the book. He was trying to stop us from going."
I straightened and turned to face the group.

"We bury the boy and finish loading the boat. We have to move quickly."

There was a simultaneous hum of agreement,
and two of jungkook's warriors picked up the boy's body and carried him away while the rest of the crew went back to the dock where we had abandoned the bag, leaving jungkook, jimin, and I in our places.

---------------------------------------------

Jungkook's eyes were studying jimin, who was
staring at the splatter of blood on the tree trunk.

"Is something wrong, jimin?" Jungkook
frowned.

Jimin  swallowed hard and looked at me with watery eyes,

"I think he was my mate."

𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 :-13/09/2024
𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓭  :- ?

✿......𝓣𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓾𝓮𝓭 ......✿

✿.......𝓜𝓸𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓶 .......✿

✿......𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓜𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼...✿ 𝓣.𝓴.....✿

✿.......  𝓘 𝓹𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵  ...........✿