Chapter One - Dire

November 9, 2015

FINALLY!!! FINALLY!!!! FINALLY!!!!! IT'S HERE!!! I'VE BEEN DYING TO PUBLISH THIS SINCE I FINISHED IT!!!
But I want to follow the schedule I made so I wouldn't stress so much about it. Because I can only juggle two things at a time.

Please! I am begging you to vote and comment anything you'd like to say. Because that makes me more motivated to write and write and write! And when I'm in such a gloomy or bad mood, all I do is look at my stories, the votes and read the comments and in an instant, I smile like nothing bad happened!!

ENJOY!! ^.^

I groaned, grabbing the pendant from my night stand and slowly opening my eyes. "Good morning, mom." I stretched my arms and legs out with a soft moan escaping my mouth. "Another day and more of reality." I let out a heavy sigh, closing my eyes, sitting up, and wearing my pendant.

I heard careful footsteps and the calm sound of rippling water coming close to me but I didn't dare open my eyes yet. "Yes dear, good-." Ally's voice sounded sweet at first but come the word 'good', it already sounded rough, in a playful yet mean way.

"Whoa!!" I put on my usual startled-act and jumped off my bed as I felt water splash onto me. It run through my hair, down my spine and down my arms. I sighed and gave my hands one hard shake. "Good morning, Ally. I see you're up early and playful as always." I said, trying to make the sarcasm in my tone less evident. I've grown so used to this sisterly act Ally prepare almost every morning, it's already part of my morning routine, which is just hop in the shower, get dressed and make breakfast, then off to school. Basically everyday is a day like any other.

She laughed, ending it with her usual smirk. "Morning." She walked pass me towards the stairs like she just won a grand championship with a raised brow and a chin-up. She did a hair flip and threw the small sized bucket to my shoe rack, creating a mess of shoes on the carpet. "Get down and make breakfast now." She took a step down the stairs. "Oh and someone will be joining us today." She continued down and didn't say another word.

I listened carefully until I heard the knob turn, that's when I was certain she had already left my building. I sighed once again, holding a whole lot of hair with both hands and squeezing it. "Since when am I gonna go through this?" I paced back and forth, thinking of where I could go, where I could be alone, free and safe.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a silhouette outside the window. For some unknown reason, I couldn't pick up a scent or anything. I turned and walked to my desk, leaning forward and pulling my legs up, using my hand to push on my desk as support to my body. When I got both my legs up beneath me, I pushed the window door open and examined the outside. I closed my eyes and tried to pick up anything from my surroundings. But I still failed to pick up anything. I opened my eyes and moved forward, holding onto the top frame of the window and turning my body as I push against the outside.

The calm whispers of the wind blew pieces of my hair. I examined the wall and thought of climbing, but from how the rocks look on the wall, I don't think I could climb it with just my hands. Guess I'm just gonna have to let this one go. Anyway if whoever that is has some business with me, he or she would surely come back again and again. Eventually we'll properly meet, maybe not properly, but we will meet for sure. I got a strong feeling that something even more unpleasant will turn my life.. Come to think of it, my life is already getting there. What else can possibly speed up my progress to unpleasantville.

I slipped inside and got off my desk. I held and squeezed my pendant. "Mom, time to come out." My mom's soul flew out of my pendant and sat on my desk, treating it like a throne. "Did you feel or see anything?" I asked, still not shutting my senses off. I learned to shut my senses off before my thirteenth birthday, even though it was so hard, I still tried very hard to learn it. Until now, it's been more than handy. It helped me focus more on what's near me.