Chapter Five - Void

June 13, 2016

Honestly, I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to do a lot of reading and watching that I didn't even give Silver some time. And last May we were preoccupied by the ending of the semester and the demon called exams.. But everything else other than that would just sound like I'm just making excuses..

At least now the next chapter is here!! By the way, I just read back on my last chapter and on this chapter, I apologize for missing for almost three months...again! On June 16, I'd be 3 months missing. But it's not yet 16 so that's almost!

Anyway, ENJOY!

It's been hours since my blackout. I must have looked dead, not breathing and no pulse to check for confirmation of my being still alive or not. Curiosity struck me and I asked how they got me in my room. Genie said she called for Rudy, but he left right away because of an emergency. Though I couldn't pick up any scent, I thought it'd be easier to just believe Genie. "Did Rudy notice I wasn't breathing?" I asked Genie, not looking away from the window.

Genie was on my bed, facing the wall, not moving and won't answer. "I know, you're not sleeping, Genie. It's only a yes or no type of question." Turning myself to her, I stood up and sat on the foot of my bed.

Finally, Genie sat up and looked at me. "He didn't say anything.." She trailed off, fixing her position. "Other than, 'oh! My Silver! What happened to you!? If only I could stay, I'd lay beside you until you open your eyes' the end." She turned to her side and fell back on the bed. "He was in such a hurry, that's all he could do." She sighed. "Relax, Sil." She whispered and dozed off, or at least I think she did. Because why would she be this tired. Maybe she just wanted to sleep, this is Genie after all.

Accepting it, I held on to my pendant. Mom thought she could look deeper into what happened to me. How I blacked out when she tried to show me what she was doing, where she was going. She said I didn't faint right away so she thought I wouldn't faint at all. Until she'd lost all the connection that was keeping us together. When I told her about what I had experienced, she tried to hide her surprise. Obviously she expected that I wouldn't be able to withstand that kind of power, that kind of ability. Witchcraft couldn't be expected in vampires. At least not in this lifetime, but I survived it and got to visit the past. I probably can't do it with the far past, but I still did it.

Staring into nothing, I thought back to what I had experienced. Then I realized, I couldn't and didn't see Vaughn anywhere. But ever since, I've been sensing people, that's why I really tried to shut my senses off. Even though they told me it wasn't possible. But then, if that wasn't possible, I can't sense anything from Vaughn, and I survived that trip to the past. What am I?

All this thinking is making me hungry. I shook Genie's leg to wake her up, but she wasn't waking or moving. I stood up from the bed and walked to her side. This time I shook her shoulder. "Genie, wake up. I'm hungry, let's drink." But she still wouldn't move, there was even no sound of annoyance. I put my senses back on to listen to her.

Pulling back, I closed my eyes and concentrated on Genie. "What are you doing?" With a gasp, I opened my eyes to see Genie, now sitting on the bed. "What were you gonna do, Sil?" I couldn't speak, I didn't know how to explain. Instead I sat beside her and hugged her. "Let me ask another question." She said, hugging me back. "What happened here while I was asleep?" She asked, giggling.

I hugged her tight, but not too tight. "You weren't waking up or moving!" Like a little girl, I whined. "So I turned my senses on to see if I'd be able to hear you breathing and your heart beating." I let go of her.