Chapter Nine - Douse

August 26, 2017

15:19

This chapter has taken too long! I decided to publish it since it felt done, but deep inside me, I still wanted to make it longer.. Please.. There're just so many things I want to do in a day but can't because... Life.. 

My body felt languid, but it was surprisingly calming, like I have never felt before in my whole life. It was nice and it was like I was floating in space, but it was wet and almost silent. Beyond my closed lids, I could make out a hint of light but it was mostly dark. Slowly, I opened my eyes, looking around and trying to understand where I was exactly.

"Water?" I thought, but it sounded as if I had said it out loud. Where am I? I remember being on land, in front of the lake and looking at my reflection. What I do not remember is how I got here, underwater. My heart beat once and I could feel my fingers, my arms, my legs. I could breathe and my senses were sharper than usual. I did not know where I was but I knew what I could do.

Focusing my attention to my surroundings, I tried blending with the water. I rolled my shoulders back and stretched my legs, loosening up my body from tense. Slowly, I moved my arms and legs like a swimmer would to stay afloat. My mind started to widen together with my hearing. It like, expanded or something. Out the lake and within the trees, I could see all and hear all. A few miles away, I saw the fairies and I could hear their heartbeats and sense their fears. For some reason, I felt disappointed with myself for causing that. Everything was and will be my fault. Unless I put a stop in whatever this is right now.

I shot my eyes open and I felt such power building up in the palm of my hands. The veins inside me felt like they were turning crisp. My vision sharpened and I could see the surface of the water clearly and that was what I aimed for. I looked at both my hands for the last time and back at where I wanted to be, out on dry land. I willed myself up, trying so hard to push on the water. Without putting much effort or thought to whatever I was doing, a strong flow carried me up and in a breath, I was hovering above the water.

Blinking once, twice and one more time, I gasped in disbelief, but I'm a vampire, what else can be so unbelievable and unexpected? Mouth agape, I threw my hands over my lips, losing all connection and control over the mass of water I had just mustered. Once again, my body felt the coldness of the water, but this time I had my senses back on and I managed to finally set foot on dry land.

I looked back, looming over the water, but it was not my own reflection I saw but it was of another beautiful goddess. Her silver hair flowed so graciously and completely surreal. Her eyes were as clear and as blue as the lake, and her lashes were so thick and long, so natural and pretty, unlike those big, dramatic false lashes girls nowadays use. I have never seen such eyes of sweetness and calm looking straight at me. Her nose was so lender and her crimson lips looked so full and so smooth. She was no doubt molded to such perfection.

Unconsciously, I reached out to her, bending down to my knees until I felt the kiss of the wet soil underneath me. My hand went back in the lake, but it felt more like it went through. Before I could touch her face, she pushed upward, splashing water everywhere and planting a kiss on my forehead. I felt such calmness and power surge over me as her body disappeared, leaving tiny droplets of water floating in the air and slowly descending back in the lake. I didn't stand back or panic, instead I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Something felt strong inside me and I knew it was the water guardian giving me strength. "That is right, dear Silver." I opened my eyes to the voice I heard that seemed to be coming from inside me. "I give you what is left of my existence. Now I may be able to reunite with my dear friends, Air and Earth." She said with so much sadness in her voice, but I could feel her starting to glow with happiness. I felt her strong emotions seeping through her to me and I felt her presence wrapping my whole body, almost like we were becoming one.