Chapter Seven - Awakening

December 28, 2016

12:33 am

I've been gone again for so long but this time, it's more than reasonable. I can't say it here tho. I wish I could, but this isn't a place for that. I apologize and here is Chapter Seven. 

Please enjoy!

The night was young and the breeze felt warm against my skin. A normal human would have felt chilled, but for me, this is merely a warm temperature. My hair covered my naked body and I was thankful it was long enough to cover my torso. As I sat on the foot of the old oak tree in the middle of the woods behind the academy, the vines were kind enough to conceal the lower half of my body. I didn't know exactly why I was naked but that was probably because of what had just happened back in the library. It was like I merged with the earth and it welcomed me warmly. The earth felt like it had filled another gap in inside me, in my core and in my entirety. Another door was opened to me, another world. It was a world unimaginably beautiful and peaceful. It held serenity and serendipity, and it felt like I had the world in my hands like a thing.

Like slithering snakes, the vines wrapped around my arms and waist, helping me up on my feet. I rested my hand on the tree to fully steady myself. The feel of wet grass under my feet made me feel so much more alive. "Thank you for helping me." I whispered to the vines and as their response, I heard a very tranquil and very melodic hum in the wind. It wasn't just one voice, there were two. They came to me in a mild whirling mist, like it was so gracefully dancing around in the air and spreading such calmness and peace throughout the woods. The trees' leaves swayed and moved, merging and matching sounds with the humming carried by the mist. Slowly, the mist formed into human-like figures and colors started to fill both bodies coming to view. They separated and twirled in sync, leisurely approaching closer and closer.

In one swift and collected movement, they excitedly swooped to me and once again, twirled around me as they rose higher in the air. I lifted my chin up and watched them as they continued to dance around me. Slowly, they raised their hands to the sky with palms wide open and fingers spread apart. The two embodiment stopped in one place and balls of light formed in their hands. "So beautiful!" I whispered aloud, not blinking once.

I couldn't see their faces clearly but I could tell that they were also beautiful. Strands of their long hair floated so majestically in the wind. One brunette haired, wearing a forest green, silk mermaid gown that perfectly hugged her body and perfectly flowed with the rhythm of nature around her feet. Her wheat colored, silk shawl wrapped loosely around her arms and flowed in sync with her hair and her gown. The other with silver white hair and mint, satin slit gown, was absolutely flawless and gave off magnificence beyond compare. Every bit of her was like a silent instrument in itself, she was the rhythm itself, and the way the wind danced around her like it was in love with all of her and all that she is.

White, green, yellow and lavender petals showered all around me and I felt a cleansing surge of energy wash away what is left of my doubts and fears. From each petal that touched my skin, a tiny glow appears on my body. Just as it grows, I studied the tiny glowing balls on my body as it slowly turned into a white, spaghetti-strapped sun dress. It flowed until a few inches above my knee. In front of me, just below my chest, tiny glowing green balls were moving together with yellow and lavender. Mixing together and turning round and round, a circular thing appeared, with flowers and leaves here and there. The wind showed two forms oh hands and it lifted the flower crown up on my head.

Securely placed on my head, I felt vines crawling down my hair and going through strands. I giggled in the tickling sensation it brought to my head. Down on my feet, leaves crawled and connected with each other, forming a pair of ballet shoes. "This is amazing!" I said aloud and raised my hands up in the air. The two ladies went back down and I impulsively started dancing together with them. At once, they gracefully reached their hands out to me and I took both. Just as my skin touched them, I instantly felt more alive, more awake. Everything around me was even more beautiful that how I first viewed them.