Chapter Six - Fragment

October 10, 2016

I apologize once again, even though I know this won't turn back time. I'm literally one of those annoying online writers who take TOO long to update! 

Excuses aside, here is the new chapter! I hope you will forgive me! 

ENJOY! 

Waiting for the next teacher to come, I thought of nothing but my pendant and that it had already broke. Ever since that guy attacked me with his ravens and tried to get a hold of my pendant, destroy it even, it became so hard to call mom and now it is completely unusable. I just hope this doesn't mean that I'd never be able to see or even just talk to mom ever again. It was so infuriating but mostly depressing, that I wanted to scream until I explode into a thousand bloody pieces.

A finger poked on my shoulder and I calmly turned to the person behind me, pulling away from my thoughts. "Silver, Ms. Lucena is calling you!" She whispered. I looked up and Ms. Lucena was already standing right in front of my desk. My eyes slowly travelled from her stomach to her face. Arms crossed, she stared down at me with irritation spread all over her face. Her face looked like a tomato and the veins in her eyeballs were almost showing. She was basically about to explode and if she did, the thousand bloody pieces I was talking about earlier would be hers.

My jaw dropped and I didn't know what to say or do. But then and there, I knew that I was in trouble. I couldn't even avert my eyes from her and all I could do was gulp the lump that had formed in my throat. "I-I'm sorry, Ms. Lucena. I was... There's just..." Not knowing what to say, I slumped back in my seat, bit my lower lip and kept my eyes on my empty desk. At a time like this, I don't think I'd be able to think of a very believable excuse for my spacing out and completely forgetting about the world around me. I became too caught up with my pendant breaking and the fact that I had no way of contacting my mom at the moment, which made me feel like I couldn't do anything, that I wouldn't be able to live on my own. That I had lost everything, even my anchor to this world, or realm, I don't belong in.

She cleared her throat and slammed her hand on my desk. "I want you out of here and in the principal's office!" She snapped at me and pointed to the door. "I can't just let you disrespect me and get away with it!" She said, almost shouting like I was far away from her. "Now move it before I drag you out myself." She straightened her posture and crossed her arms, raising an unfinished brow. That's weird. She always has perfectly drawn brows. Come to think of it, she's never this angry about anything. Usually she'd just make a joke and laugh about it together with the whole class.

I looked up to her with pleading eyes. "But Ms. Lucena..." I trailed off thinking how was I going to explain myself. But even if I knew how to explain it and decide to tell her everything, it's not like she'd believe me or anyone sane and human. She'd probably even think that I was damaged in the head. "Even if I tell you, you wouldn't believe or understand it!" I leaned forward, looking her straight in the eyes as I felt a tiny flare of desperation grow in me, which I knew was leading me to digging up my own grave. Then came the inevitable, I somewhat snapped at her without even knowing it. This made me feel like a bratty little teenager who thinks that the world should and would only revolve around her.

Everyone around me gasped and when I realized what I had done, I slumped back deeper into my seat with wide eyes and an open mouth. But before I could say anything else or worse, she leaned down to my face and gripped on the side of my desk. I swear I even heard a cracking sound. "Ms. Vile, I said get out!" She shouted, pointing at the door. Her face burned redder and her really pissed off frown made her eyebrows look like they were about to completely connect together. "I said, now!" Her eyes were shooting flaming daggers at me and I immediately grabbed my things and stood up, wanting to cry and not wanting to at the same time.