Chapter 9

"There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying."
           Just Listen.          by; Sarah Dessen

"Baby girl," Daddy said.

"You came, Daddy, you came."

"I read your latest letter, you're right, you have no reason to be sorry."

"I'm guessing you also heard my mini speech, too."

"Yes, I did. And I'm glad you won't change for anyone. I'm not particularly happy with the person you have become, but as long as you keep your friends close, I'll be happy enough."

"I will keep them close as long as you promise me one thing."

"What would that be?"

"You come back a much as you can."

"I will, now I must go."

"Wait! I want to try something before you leave." I said as I walked towards him. It most likely won't work but it's worth a try. I reach the dream boundary and push on it until it starts to crack. "Daddy, help me break it."

He starts pushing on the boundary and soon it smashes into a bunch of tiny pieces. I step through where the boundary was and give him a hug that would kill a normal person. "I love you and I'll see you soon," I said as I stepped back over the broken pieces of boundary, I wave to Daddy and pick up th  pieces of boundary and throw them back into place. They won't let me leave until it's fixed.

I wake up with a smile plastered on my face.

I get up, placing the bag of letters in the hole I dug last night, I take off towards Michael's house. When I get there I run up to Mikey' s room.

"Get up, get up, get up. Come on Mikey you have to get up." When that didn't work I started jumping on the bed yelling Mikey until he got up.

"Go away," Mikey mumbled flipping over.

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this," I sigh and start kissing from his cheek to his temple. When I reached his temple he shivered, indicating he was awake. "Yay! I win!"

"Why do you tease me Bri?" he asked in his morning voice, I just giggle at him. My giggle seemed to catch his attention because he sat up so fast I fell on the floor. He looks over the side of the bed. I pout and then jump up to my feet with a smile on my face. "Who are you and what did you do to Bri?"

"I am Breezy, and Bri decided to take a vacation." At that Mikey jumps out of bed and looks me in the eye.

"Bri, are you on some sort of antidepressants or something?"

"No. He came to my dreams last night Mikey. He wasn't happy with who I became, so I'm going to change, just for him. That way he has to come back to my dreams."

"Who?"

"Daddy, of course. I got to hug him Mikey. HUG! I made him a promise and I am damn sure going to keep that promise. Now let's go, I need to find Lizzie."

We run to Lizzie' s house and I repetitively ring the doorbell. "Hold. On, I'm coming."

Lizzie opens the door and before I can say anything Mikey speaks up.

"I think someone drugged her coffee or something this morning."

I pout, just because I'm acting like how I did when he used to appear in my dreams, doesn't mean I was drugged.

"Come on, I'll get you guys non-drug-laced coffee," Lizzie says.