21. lost in haze of forgotten love

"After Five Years"

"Welcome home, baby!" Aera called out with a bright smile, dressed in a cute blue frock with her hair in two braided pigtails. A barbie doll dangled from her small hand as she stood at the doorstep. Aera, the spitting image of Vyn, was the precious daughter of Vyn and Lyra.

Vyn's heart swelled with joy at the sight of her. "Thank you, baby," he replied, grinning from ear to ear.

"Am I beautiful?" Aera asked sweetly, tilting her head and placing her hand under her chin, her wide eyes blinking in an exaggerated manner.

"Of course. You've always been beautiful," Vyn chuckled, scooping her into his arms. He carried her to the living room and sat her on his lap.

"Then tell me," Aera leaned closer, "Who's prettier? Me or eomma?"

Vyn smiled, knowing what she was fishing for. "You're pretty, and eomma is beautiful."

Aera pouted. "Hmm, okay, okay. You're the most beautiful girl in the world, my lovely Aera." Her face lit up, and she quickly presented her cheek for a kiss. Vyn laughed softly and planted a kiss on her cheek before heading toward the bedroom.

Inside, Lyra stood before the mirror, getting ready for the party at Luke's house. Vyn noticed something was off and approached her gently. "Did I do something wrong?" he asked, sensing her silence.

Lyra said nothing.

"Okay, I'm sorry if I did," Vyn continued, loosening his tie and unbuttoning his shirt slightly as he moved closer. Wrapping his arms around her from behind, he pressed his cheek against hers. "What's wrong, my gorgeous? You seem upset."

Lyra let out a small sigh. "You always give her all your attention," she muttered.

Vyn chuckled softly. "She's ours, not just mine. But you, you're only mine."

Lyra finally cracked a smile as he handed her a rose he had hidden behind his back.

he glanced at him in the mirror. "How about drinks?" he asked while rubbing her lips.

"Champagne?" She suggested
"That's good", he turned her to his side to look at her.

"Only if we return home soon," Lyra said playfully.
"You look gorgeous ", he said and leaned towards her to kiss.

Just as they were about to continue their conversation, the calling bell rang, interrupting the moment. Vyn turned to leave the room, glancing back at Lyra
with a smirk. "Put on less makeup, baby. I won't be able to control myself until we get home." Lyra giggled

"Control yourself from what? Dad". Aera asked.

Vyn quickly dodged the question. "Aera! Didn't you get a new doll from my bag?" he shouted, rushing out to open the door. It was his parents.

He welcomed them warmly, while Aera ran toward her grandfather. "Halaboeji!" she squealed as he scooped her up in his arms, showering her with affection as they walked inside.

Vyn's father smiled fondly as he watched Vyn with Lyra. "I'm proud of you," he said quietly, his eyes filled with warmth.

Vyn nodded with a smile. "Thanks, Dad. I wouldn't have this if it weren't for you."

His father patted his shoulder gently. "Honesty and trust are what built this family. We're all happy because we trust each other. Remember that."

"I will, Dad," Vyn replied, his heart filled with gratitude.

His father smiled, content. They were a family built on love, trust, and support-a bond that made everything else worthwhile.

"Like Old Times"