Chapter 1: The 12th Harbinger

"Hey, did you hear? The news about the twelfth Harbinger..."

"The one where he was stationed in Inazuma right? Is the news true?"

At the Snezhnaya border, on a carriage heading towards Mondstadt, there were two Fatui envoys named Mikhail and Lyudmila who are taking the reign of the carriage. They were discussing the recent announcement made by the Tsaritsa. About how the twelfth seat of the Fatui's Harbingers, which had been vacant for a long time, finally had a new member.

However, the unexpected choice for the twelfth seat left everyone surprised.

The one who hold the twelfth seat is a man known by the Fatui as the "Ausbilder," one of the higher-ranked Fatui Agent that while strong, are not as well known as the various other candidate that the Fatui members had bet on, as the Ausbilder is someone that are previously only known to the Fatui Debt Collector troop, as he's the man who taught them the way to hide their presence from the world.

Not only that, the Ausbilder also taught them the way to successfully collect debt from various kind of being, from monster, human, spirit, any many other things.

His ascension as the twelfth Harbinger cause some controversy, which are caused due to the troops that he had taught, the Pyro Agent, are quite bad, due to how merciless they handle their debt collection.

This led to some force launched some public criticism toward the Ausbilder himself.

However, nobody want to defy the orders of the Tsaritsa, so the matter was soon calmed down, however, Bai Luo, the Ausbilder, was still feeling confused about the whole thing despite more than a week has passed ever since his ascension.

He wondered why he was chosen when the Harbinger was supposed to be the strongest among the Fatui.

As he looked at the imposing palace behind him, the place where it's spread publicly the place where the Tsaritsa herself lives, Bai Luo's heart pounded in anxiety.

He wasn't enamored by the Tsaritsa's beauty, but was instead terrified by it.

Unlike the other eleven Harbingers, he was completely unprepared for this new position thrust upon him.

All of this felt like a dream, he thought he had fallen into some Abyss Order Mage illusion and are prepared to fight his way out until the Director of the Fatui Harbinger, Pierro the Jester, personally bestowed upon him the Delusion symbolizing his new position.

Only then did he realize that the news about him becoming the new Harbinger is the truth, not just some weird rumor spread by his troop.

His name, resembling those born in Liyue, revealed that he wasn't originally from this nation.

Perhaps, to be more accurate, he wasn't even from the continent of Teyvat. In his world, Mondstadt was simply a country from a video game he had played.

One winter, while passing by a river, he noticed a child drowning. He didn't see himself as a hero, but he couldn't stand by and watch the child drown in the freezing water. So, he decided to dive into the cold river and save the drowning child. Unfortunately, he succumbed to the cold and exhaustion and sank beneath the icy surface. When he woke up, he found himself in the mystical land of Snezhnaya.

Because of his brave act of saving a child's life, someone he didn't even know, he gained the favor of the Fatui and was unexpectedly included among their ranks. As rumors had it, he was later appointed as the instructor of the special organization known as the Fatui Agents, thanks to his unique ability to turn invisible.

However, his invisibility ability was different from that of the other Fatui Agents. It was even more special, similar to a character named Hei from the series "Darker than Black." Although his ability was similar to Hei's, it had slight differences.