Chapter 9: Ksenia, the Electro Cicin Mage

Crackle

Sparks of lightning ignited the wood beneath the pot, and before long, steam started to rise from the water inside the pot.

"Please have a seat. I don't have much else here, but I do have some snacks and tea."

The enthusiastic Electro Cicin Mage wiped away the nonexistent dust from the cushion and gestured for Bai Luo to sit.

Perhaps due to not seeing people from her own side for a long time, Ksenia was overly enthusiastic.

To outsiders, the Fatui's Brigade was synonymous with the words 'Bad Guy', 'Evil', and 'Villains'.

In reality, when it came to treating their comrades, the Fatui Brigade members displayed unparalleled warmth and trust, much better compared to the other nation.

Upon learning that Bai Luo had lost his way in the forest, Even though he looked noticeably different from the people of Snezhnaya. The Electro Cicin Mage didn't hesitate to welcome him into her abode.

"I have Black tea, milk, some wine, and a Fire-Water. Which one do you want, or should I mix them all?"

After rummaging under her pillow for a while, the Electro Cicin Mage took out a jar and two bottles and asked Bai Luo.

"Did you forget the most important rule in the Fatui's Brigade's advance team training manual? You must never carry Fire-Water or any beverage related to Fire-Water during missions."

Fire-Water, in fact, was a kind of alcohol.

Just as Dandelion Wine was the soul of Mondstadt, Fire-Water was the lifeblood of Snezhnaya.

During the War of the Archons, the people of Snezhnaya created a special disinfectant, which some people tried drinking and found enjoyable. As a result, more and more people began treating this liquid, originally meant for medical purposes, as a spiritual solace.

"What does it matter? In the wilderness of Inazuma, the world is vast. Big sister here knows best!"

The Electro Cicin Mage didn't take Bai Luo's words to heart.

In her eyes, Bai Luo should be a newcomer recruited by the advance team on Inazuma, someone who was not familiar with some unwritten rules, which was understandable.

Taking out a set of well-preserved exquisite teaware, the Electro Cicin Mage scooped some hot water from the pot and carefully cleaned the teaware before brewing some black tea.

Considering that Bai Luo looked quite young, she added some milk to the tea.

Before handing it to him, she persistently asked, "Are you really not having Fire-Water?"

"If we return to Snezhnaya later, I'll treat you to top-notch Fire-Water, but for now... let's forget about it."

Accepting the milk tea handed to him by the Electro Cicin Mage, Bai Luo took a sip.

He had to admit that her brewing skills were pretty good.

After participating in so many tea parties with the girls from Snezhnaya, this was the first time he had tasted such flavorful milk tea.

"Hehe, I stole the tea from the Treasure Hoarders and the milk from the Hilichurls' pot. Not bad, right?"

Poof—

Before the Electro Cicin Mage finished her words, Bai Luo directly sprayed all the liquid in his mouth.

The milk tea that had been so charming just moments ago was now something he could hardly bear to look at.