Chapter 18

A week passed very quickly you haven't even noticed when it passed by, you spent most of your days locked up in your room watching anime or just reading.

Your parents still argued from time to time, however it became quite less with you home now. Your father was still drinking heavily the only time he was sober was when he went to work in the morning, you barely saw him.

You decided to actually go out today, saying goodbye to your mother you began walking around the neighborhood taking in its sights.

It was decently warm outside you enjoyed that over the overbearing coldness of winter, you reached the plaza which was packed with people.

You remembered you promised to buy your mother back some red bell peppers for dinner, so you decided to go get some after having a drink at your favorite cafe.

Entering the small cozy cafe, the familiar smell of baked goods and coffee grounds welcomed you.

you casually walked towards the cashier, thankfully it wasn't as busy so there wasn't a line.

"Hello welcome to star cafe what would you li- Wait? (Y/N)? Oh my gosh you're back?!" The cashier gasped, also known as Lisa a friend from high school who you drifted apart from.

"Hey lisa! Yeah i'm back just for spring break though going back in a week." You smiled, feeling oddly calm at the sight of your old friend.

"Really? That's so cool! i wish my parents let me go to Jujutsu college as well we could've been roommates or something!" She sighed sadly.

"Yeah, would've been fun." You smiled, preferring Nobara as your roommate one hundred precent.

"Oh yeah, what can i get ya?"

"The usual." You replied, already beginning to take out your card, "got it!" Lisa said and registered your order.

"My break is in like two minutes mind if i sit with you so we can catch up?" She asks, a hopeful glim in her eyes as she pouted her lips.

"Yeah sure." You sighed, after paying and getting your drink you sat by the window gazing at the people who walked by, the sun was out and gleamed against the window, blinding you for a split second as you averted your gaze.

Lisa soon joined you, her smile still stuck on her face like it was tattooed on.

"So how's college?" She asks, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"It's fine, the exams are killing me."

"That's how it always is! Luckily for me i always cheat off this one guy who's totally obsessed with me." She bragged, acting like it was something to be proud of, you couldn't help but pity her.

"Anyway, have you talked to Sai? I'm throwing a small get together tonight at my place if you wanna come and reconnect with our old friends! Sai's gonna be there too i don't want things to be . . . tense or awkward!" She continued rambling on, you glanced towards her.

"Me and Sai are fine, i don't care about him." You casually explained, taking a small sip of your drink while maintaining eye contact with the brown eyed girl.

"I'm glad! Does that mean you'll come?" She asks, her eyes forming in puppy dog eyes while she pouted her lips.

You gave her a look, "if i go does that mean you'll stop looking at me like that?"

She nodded eagerly, you glanced back outside and sighed, "fine."

"Yay! we're gonna have so much fun i can't wait!" She exclaimed, happily going back to eating her sandwich and talking about whatever came to mind.