Chapter-12 (The white jasmine)

Arthav clears his throat, trying to distract himself from the thoughts that are running through his mind. He glances at the clock, reminding himself that they need to leave soon. He doesn't want to keep her waiting, but he can't help the way his body responds to the sight of her in that saree and those heels. He takes her waist in his hand, his grip firm and possessive. He leads her out to the car, his body pressing close to hers as he guides forward. He can feel the heat of her skin even through the fabric of the saree, and it takes all his willpower not to pull her closer and kiss her right there in the driveway.

As he continues to hold onto her waist, his hand slides down to her hip, his thumb rubbing over the material, and he has to resist the urge to press her up against the car and kiss her senseless.

As he holds open the passenger door, he glances down at her legs, the sight of her slender ankles and feet makes his body react involuntarily, and he has to forcibly tear his gaze away from her. He clears his throat, trying to compose himself before gesturing for her to get in. He takes a moment to compose himself before getting back into the driver's seat, his mind still filled with thoughts of her. He starts the car and pulls out of the driveway, keeping his eyes fixed on the road ahead. It's a struggle for him to focus on driving, especially with her sitting next to him in that outfit. He can feel the heat of her body next to him, and it's both a distraction and a temptation. He pulls the car to a stop in the temple parking lot, his eyes flickering over to her as he kills the engine. The sight of her making his mouth go dry and increases his heart rate.

He gets her a jasmine garland for her hair. He watches as she accepts the garland and pins, his eyes drawn to the way her fingers brush against her hair as she secure the pins in place. The delicate flowers contrasting against her skin. He stands close to her, the scent of the jasmine mingling with the sweetness of her perfume, makes his heart skip a beat. His eyes rove over her, taking in the sight of her wearing the flowers, his fingers twitching with the desire to reach out and touch her, to feel the softness of her hair.

"Kaise lag rahe hum?" Kiana turns to him. He takes a moment to admire her, his eyes drinking in the sight of her wearing the gajra.

"bilkul meri..." he mumbles to himself. A question mark arises on her face for not getting a response. He immediately gets out from his world and responds,

"A whole goddess, whom i'll worship forever." Her heart skips a beat at his compliment and blushes pink and turns away smiling.

"That was a bit too much." He chuckles at her reaction, finding it endearing how flustered she gets. He takes a step closer to her, his body practically towering over hers. The space between them grows intimate as his eyes roam over her form, taking in every little detail, he turns her to face him. Her staring at his eyes and him holding her gaze, his eyes burning with a mixture of desire and admiration.

"Shall we get in?" she says breaking the intensity. He nods, reluctantly breaking eye contact with her. He extends his hand towards her, his fingers brushing against hers.

"Yes, let's go in. But I don't know how long I'll be able to concentrate on praying with you looking like this."

"Haha... enough with the praising already...." she chuckles softly. He grins as he leads her towards the entrance of the temple. He keeps his hand on the small of her back, his touch possessive and gentle at the same time. He leans in close to her, his breath warm against her ear as he speaks in a low voice.

"I can't help it. You look too damn beautiful." He stands next to her as they both offer their prayers, his eyes flickering over to her from time to time. The sight of her in the temple, the jasmine garland still in her hair and the fabric of her saree clinging to her curves, is a potent distraction for him. It takes all his willpower to focus on the prayers and not on the desire that's building within him.

"Arth...look at the god." He tear his gaze away from her, looking up at the idol of the god. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart and the desire that's coursing through his veins. But even as he prays and offers his devotion to the god, he can't tear his mind away from the thought of her, standing next to him.

As he closes his eyes he feels her touch as she applies the kumkum on his forehead, and the sensation sends shivers down his spine. He closes his eyes for a moment, the cool touch of her fingers a stark contrast to the heat that's building within him. He takes her hand in his, his grip firm and possessive, as he leads her out of the temple after they were done with their praying. The fresh air does little to cool him down.

"Woah!" she exclaims softly at his sudden hand grab. He glances at her, his eyes scanning her eyes, trying to discern the reason behind her sudden outburst.

"What is it?" She shrugs, "nothing." He decides not to press her for answers, not wanting to ruin the moment. Instead, he keeps his grip on her hand as they continue walking towards the car. She smiles looking at their hands holding, following his lead.

He glances down at their hands, intertwined as they walk. He takes a moment to appreciate the feel of her hand in his, the warmth of her skin against his. The simple gesture feels strangely intimate, and it only serves to fuel the desire that's burning within him.

They reach the car, and he opens the passenger door for her, holding it open as she gets in, tucking the hem of her saree riding down her leg and leaning to put the seatbelt on for her. The drive home feels like an eternity as he struggles to keep his eyes on the road and not on her.

"Are we gonna go somewhere else?" she asks. He glances at her, his curiosity piqued. He can't guess where she wants to go, but the thought of spending more time with her is appealing.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I was asking you." she smiles at him.

He thinks for a moment, considering different options. Then, a mischievous idea comes to mind. He grins as he looks at her.

"Let's go somewhere private."

"Huh?" she gives a startled reaction.