Chapter-18 (A fight?)

He nods, a bit obedient and compliant due to his drunken state. He unsteadily makes his way to the table and takes a seat, his movements clumsy and uncontrolled. He finishes his food slowly, his mind still hazy and his movements uncoordinated. Once he's done, he pushes the plate away and looks up at her, his eyes unfocused and glassy, his brain slowly starting to process that she hasn't eaten anything.

"Why didn't you eat, huh?"

"I'm not hungry."

He hiccups softly, his eyes studying her face, even in his drunken state he can see the hint of sadness in her expression.

"You're lying. You always tell me you're not hungry when you're upset."

"I'm really not!"

He shakes his head slightly, not convinced by her words.

"You can't fool me. I know when you're lying." He hiccups again, his head spinning slightly from the alcohol in his system.

"Drink this." He looks at the glass that she's holding out to him, his vision slightly double. He reaches out and takes it from her, his fingers brushing against hers.

"What is it?"

"Water of course."

He shrugs and downs the glass, not questioning further. The water does nothing to dilute the alcohol in his system, but it does help clear his head slightly. He leans back in his chair, his eyes roaming over her face. He remains silent for a moment, his mind still struggling to focus through the effects of the alcohol.

"Why aren't you eating? What's wrong?"

"I don't have any appetite to eat."

He narrows his eyes, his drunken mind struggling to make sense of her words. He leans closer towards her, his voice slightly slurred.

"Don't give me that bullshit. You're upset, I can see it on your face."

She sighs. He reaches out across the table and takes her hand in his, his touch surprisingly gentle despite his drunken state.

"Please...tell me what's wrong."

"I told it's nothing...if u r done u can go to sleep"

He shakes his head, his mind refusing to give up.

"I'm not done. I know there's something bothering you. Talk to me. Please...You're upset, I can see it. Don't shut me out. Talk to me."

"You are still drunk."

He nods, his movements slower and more deliberate.

"Yeah, I am. But that doesn't mean I can't tell when you're upset. I know you, remember? I know when you're hiding something."

"We'll talk later."

He shakes his head again, a stubborn gleam in his eyes.

"No, we'll talk now. I won't leave until you tell me what's bothering you."

"Hayy ram!" she takes a deep sigh. He raises an eyebrow at her exclamation, but stays firm in his determination to get to the bottom of her mood.

"Don't Hayy ram me. I won't move from this seat until you talk to me."

He meets her gaze with his own, his eyes clear and focused despite the alcohol clouding his mind. He refuses to look away, his determination stronger than ever to get her to open up.