Chapter - 14 (First kiss)

He grins, seeing her reaction to his story. He reaches out, playfully shoving her shoulder with his hand.

"Yeah, I know, I was a handful back then. But I straightened out eventually. After high school, I went to college and graduated with a degree in computer science. And then I started my own tech company. And here I am now." He looks at her, his expression softening a little as he continues to share his story.

"As for interests, I'm into technology, of course. But I also like reading, traveling, and adventurous sports like skydiving and bungee jumping. And dreams? I want to keep growing my company, make it one of the biggest tech companies in the world. And I also want to start a family someday."

"Someday..." she repeats.

He smiles at her, his eyes roaming over her face once more. "And I'm willing to wait for the right person. Someone who I can share my life with, someone who I can grow old with. And as much as I hate to admit it, I think I might have already found that person." He grins, enjoying the way she blushes at his words. He reaches out, gently taking her chin in his hand and tilting her head up to look at him. "Don't be shy now. You know I'm talking about you."

She clears her throat* "... girlfriends,??"

He considers her question for a moment, then shrugs. "I had a few girlfriends before you. Mostly just casual flings, nothing serious. They were nice enough, but it never really worked out for one reason or another. Maybe we didn't have enough in common, or maybe I wasn't ready for something serious. Either way, I was never really satisfied." He looks at her, his expression softening. "But then I met you, and everything changed. You're different, you challenge me, you push me out of my comfort zone. And I like that about you. You make me feel alive in a way I've never felt before."

He laughs, noticing the way she tries to hide her smile, but failing to do so completely. 

"Come on, don't hide it. I know you're secretly enjoying this."

She gets back her previous face. "what things do you not like?" He asks.

He grins, noticing the way she tries to act indifferent, despite her obvious enjoyment of the conversation. "What things do I not like? Hmm, let me see. I don't like liars. I don't like people who are fake or pretentious. I don't like people who are lazy or unambitious. And I really don't like people who don't like dogs." 

He smiles, his eyes lighting up at her confession. "Really? You love dogs? Good, because I have two dogs at home. They're a pair of Retrievers, very well-behaved and friendly."

Her eyes gleaming. "waww...I'd love to meet 'em!"

He grins, sensing her excitement at the prospect of meeting his dogs. "I'll take you to meet them when we get back to the city. You'll love them, I promise. And they'll love you, they're very friendly and love meeting new people."

"I've always wanted to have a retriever."

He raises an eyebrow, surprised by her admission. "A retriever? That's unexpected. I would have thought you would want a small, cute dog like a Pomeranian or a Bichon Frise."

"Haha.....I really like their personality....they follow us everywhere...clingy... positive...full of excitement...and I like them when they're dumb...." she chuckles.

He laughs, amused by her description of retrievers. "I see, you like their dumb, overly-excited personality, huh? Yeah, they are definitely like that. Always bouncing around and wagging their tails, even when there's nothing to be excited about." He looks at her, a playful expression on his face. "And I suppose you like clingy, overly-excitable partners as well, huh?" He laughs, loving the way she looks at him, her eyes wide with amazement and maybe something more. "What? Surprised I guessed your type? I'm a smart man, I pay attention to these things."