Chapter-16 (Misunderstanding...)

Ex: She looks taken aback by his answer, her jaw dropping in surprise."Your...wife? You got married? So quickly?"

Meanwhile, Kiani continues to listen to their conversation from upstairs.

He nods, his expression cold."Yes, I got married. Quite recently, actually. She's the most incredible woman I've ever met, in every way possible. And I'd appreciate it if you stay away from her. You've done enough damage to my life already."

Ex: She stares at him for a moment, a mix of surprise and jealousy in her eyes."I can't believe you moved on so quickly. We were together for so long, and now you're telling me you're married to someone else?"

He scoffs, his patience wearing thin."I moved on because you cheated on me, remember? You destroyed our relationship with your actions. I had no choice but to move on and find happiness elsewhere."

Ex: Her frustration and anger mount, her voice rising. "You don't understand. I made a mistake, but I still love you. I always have. You can't just throw away everything we had because of one mistake."

He takes a few steps forward and grabs her by the arm, his grip firm but not rough."It wasn't just one mistake. You cheated on me time and time again. I caught you lying and disrespecting me more times than I can count. You destroyed the trust between us. I don't believe you when you say you love me. And even if you do, I don't love you anymore. Get out of my sight. Now."

He escorts her to the door, his expression stern and unforgiving. His mom looks on from behind, silently watching the scene unfold. As soon as the ex is out the door, he turns around and heads upstairs, walking with quick, determined strides towards Kiani's room.

As he makes his way up the stairs, he can't stop thinking about his wife. He feels guilty and regretful for letting that confrontation happen in front of her. He reaches her room and knocks gently on the door.

He waits for a moment, his heart beating faster. He hopes that she's not too upset and that she'll let him in. After a few seconds, he speaks in a soft voice. "Can I come in? We need to talk."

"It's okay we'll talk tomorrow....I'm kinda tired so ..." Kiani replies in a low voice.

He sighs, leaning his forehead against the door. He can hear the fatigue in her voice, and he knows better than to push the issue. "Alright...if that's what you want. But we will talk tomorrow, okay? Please don't shut me out."

"Mmh"

He steps back from the door, his heart heavy with worry and guilt. He knows he has a lot to explain and make up for. He lets out a sigh and murmurs to himself. "I'm sorry...I'll fix this tomorrow. I'll make it right."

She takes deep breath to calm herself  a bit.

He moves away from the door, his mind still swirling with worry and regret. He wants so badly to talk to her now and explain everything, but he also doesn't want to push her too hard. He decides to give her some space for now, as hard as it is. He makes his way back down the stairs, his thoughts consumed by her and the situation he's found himself in.

As he reaches the bottom of the stairs, he stops and looks up one more time towards her room, his heart heavy with remorse. He wants nothing more than to go back upstairs and hold her tight, to assure her that everything will be okay. He lets out a long sigh and heads towards the living room, where his mom is patiently waiting for him.