2) Three Not-So-Gentle Bros- Part 1

17 years ago

OFF POV

I am the youngest of three brothers. My parents own a successful recording company that manages many famous singers and actors. My oldest brother has been working for a long time, and my middle brother is graduating from university this year and will join the family business. As the youngest, I am spoiled as much as possible, and I don't mind at all. My parents and brothers have no time for me. They are workaholics, and I will never be like that. What's the point of life if you can't enjoy it? My belief is that I must live as if tomorrow will never come. Relationships and grades don't matter; what's important is having friends who will commit mischief with you. I know that most of my friends are with me just because I am their ATM. I already have my own apartment, where I live alone, and I pay for everything when we go out, but I don't mind. Friends come and go, just like love. Nothing lasts forever, and I don't believe in love. Who would want to tie themselves to just one person when there are so many fish in the sea?

Even though I don't believe in lifelong friendships, I have three close friends in high school: Mike, White, and Gun. I met them on the first day of school, and we hit it off. Mike shares my belief: enjoy life while you can, only one-night stands, and never get attached. White is a bit old-fashioned; every six months, he falls in love with someone platonically, tries to win her over (usually someone out of his league), and when it doesn't work out, the process repeats. I'm curious to see what happens when he finally succeeds. Gun is the most peculiar of our group. He never goes to pubs with us and always excuses himself by saying he has a part-time job after school. From what I know, he has no parents and lives alone in a small, shabby apartment. I've been there once, and that was enough. I don't understand why he doesn't rent something nicer; rent isn't that expensive, right?

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Off Jumpol, 17 years old, in my last year of high school. I'm sexy and cool, and everyone loves me. I'm not exaggerating; I'm just perfect.

"Hey Off, any girl caught your eye, or maybe a boy?" Mike laughed over yet another glass of beer.

"Pfft, a boy?" I laughed with my slightly raspy voice. "I haven't tried that yet, but if I'm on top, I don't mind giving it a go. You only live once, and it's just for fun!"

"So, who would you go for?" White joined in.

"How should I know? You know I'm very confident. Give me a target, and I promise they'll be mine within 14 days. I'll bet you a bottle of this whiskey we're drinking. Deal?" The prospect of the unknown gave me a bit of an adrenaline rush. I hadn't had such a challenge in a long time. Pfft, I always win.

"Deal. Who should we pick..." Mike pondered, "Ha! I'll make it a bit easier for you. It's someone you know, someone who has a bit of a crush on you, and someone who listens to your every word."

"Pfft, bro, who are you talking about?" I wasn't sure who he was describing.

"You have to sleep with Gun." Mike blurted out and started laughing like a madman.