Chapter 2 : First day of school

A strange dream occurred to me I was in the forest at night and this forest was unfamiliar. I was running through the forest ,it was as if something was chasing me.

I woke up and to my surprise I was sweating as if it wasn't just a dream but at least I woke up before this alarm clock could wake me up. I got up ,got out of bed and went to take a shower . I wore something simple just jeans a plain t-shirt and sneakers .

I stepped out of the room and went downstairs Selene, Zain and Zoe were almost done eating breakfast but Mr and Mrs Henderson were nowhere to be seen. "Morning people" I said enthusiastically I woke up with a nightmare but I was in a good mood.

"Ohhh wow are you always this enthusiastic?" Zain asked me a bit sarcastically.

"No , are you always this rude?" I asked a bit sarcastically.

"Well no" he replied.

"Trust me if you insist on being bratty with me it will never end well" I said keeping calm and serious.

He kept quiet for a moment while he and I stared at each other straight in the eyes. "Well I think I like you already welcome to the family " Zain said standing from his chair extending his hand for a hand shake which I accepted.

"Thank you" I said smiling and shaking his hand . Mrs Henderson came down stairs and for some reason it felt awkward and strange having my mother here I know I said I didn't want to hear her excuses but i wonder why she did what she did to me .

"Morning everyone" Mrs Henderson said in a low and husky voice clearly she was crying all night even though she tried to hide it with a smile.

"Morning" I replied with a smile yes she deprived me of a mothers love but it doesn't mean she should be sad and regretful all the time.

"Morning mom" Zain and Zoe replied at the same time. Selene however did not reply clearly she was still upset with her mother which made me feel kinda bad because they seem so close .

"We should get going Zara you wouldn't want to be late for your first day" Selene said but looked at her mother . She got up took her bag and I guess I had to follow.

"Well then bye everyone , have a good day and also tell Mr Henderson to have a good day" I said quickly and leaving .

"Bye" Zoe said and I could see Mrs Henderson's face light up despite the present sadness.

I followed Selene outside and to my surprise she has this beautiful black car which shouldn't shock me but for some reason it does. I was mesmerized by this car but tried my best to keep it cool

We went inside and the interior was just wow the seats were so comfortable . We got on the road and i just had to say it. "I love your car"

"Well thank you" she replied and this was the first time I saw smiling since I got here.

We arrived at the school and Selene parked the car . The school was so big and spacious it looked next level. Selene and I parted she went to her first class while I went to the principal's office and was told to take a seat outside the office while they finalize a few things . I was getting bored, hungry and thirsty I've been sitting here for 3 hours already and then all of a sudden someone approached me.

"Zara" he said formally I wasn't even paying attention

"Mr Henderson" I said looking at him briefly and back to my boredom until it struck me.

"Mr Henderson?!" I said looking up to see Mr Henderson and he was wearing a suit even now he then proceeded to smirk at me . "What brings you here" I asked getting up from the chair .