𝟎𝟏𝟓

a/n; remember to comment as commenting always gives me a lot of motivation! vote too and don't be a silent reader!

After the whole ordeal was over, you finally managed to visit Silas's room. You had wanted to rest for a little while, for every time you healed people, you tended to get a little giddy. Thankfully, Silas's wound was a lot less serious than it had looked. It was mostly surface level, and it only took a little mana to fully heal his wound.

And now, as Silas opened his room doors — doors! Could you believe that? —  you let out a sharp gasp.

No fair, you thought in awe, his room is so big!

Silas's room was obscenely huge. With a bathroom so big it rivaled the size of your cottage, along with the tree that was implanted right in the middle of the room — it was certainly a bedroom befitting of a prince. Hanging off one of the branches was a golden cage, and you gave an excited squeal as you rushed towards it.

Elias chirped and danced merrily as he caught sight of you. Silas unlocked the cage as you scooped Elias up into your arms, cooing gently at him. The bird was warm and feathery in your hands.

"Long time no see, Elias!" You said excitedly, kissing his feathers. "Aren't you glad I'm back?"

Elias pecked the palm of your hand affectionately, flying towards your shoulder to perch on it. He nuzzled his beak into your neck, taking delight in finally standing on his rightful place.

You sat down on the room floor as you glanced around. There was luxurious furniture littered everywhere, as well as large, framed windows — but apart from them all, Silas's room was devoid of personal touch. There were no little drawings hung up on the walls — there was simply nothing that showed an indication of Silas's interests and likes.

"Your room is really...bare," you said finally, "I mean, it has a bed, a desk, and it has chairs, but..."

"What does your room look like?" Silas asked curiously. He wondered if he would ever get the chance to peek into the house you lived in. He imagined it to be surrounded by flora and fauna, for you seemed incredibly well-versed in things relating to nature.

"Oh," you said, pleased that he asked that question. "For starters, I have all my favorite books kept in one bookshelf. Sometimes, when I really like a book, I save up and buy two copies of it. That way, I can annotate one."

"Annotate?" Silas furrowed his eyebrows, "you mean you collect textbooks?"

"No!" You laughed, "I collect storybooks."

"Why would you want to annotate on a storybook, then? It only makes sense if you write in a textbook."

"When I find really pretty words and sentences, I underline them to make it easier to find in the future," you explained, "and I write my own thoughts by the side. This way, I can truly pen down everything I'm thinking. And besides, next time, when I want to reread the story, I'll be able to see what past-me thought of the book."