Chapter 15: Planning Forever

A week after the family gathering, Engfa and Charlotte found themselves settling into a new rhythm. The weight of the Waraha family’s approval lifted a significant burden from their shoulders, allowing them to focus on the next phase of their life: planning their wedding.

Engfa sat at the dining table in their apartment, laptop open in front of her. Various wedding planners' websites and Pinterest boards were scattered across the screen. She had always been the practical one, efficient and strategic in all things. But when it came to wedding planning, even she felt slightly overwhelmed.

Charlotte, on the other hand, was seated on the couch, flipping through a wedding magazine, completely at ease. She had a serene, almost dreamy expression on her face, her fingers tracing the outline of an elegant wedding dress on the glossy page.

“Okay,” Engfa said, pulling Charlotte out of her reverie. “I’ve narrowed down a few venues. Do you prefer something in the city, or should we go for a destination wedding?”

Charlotte looked up, her eyes twinkling with excitement. “I think a destination wedding would be beautiful. Something by the beach, maybe? Somewhere intimate, away from all the hustle.”

Engfa grinned. She had expected that answer. “I figured you’d say that. I found a few private villas by the sea. They look perfect for a small, intimate wedding.”

Charlotte set the magazine down and moved to sit beside Engfa, leaning over her shoulder to take a look at the screen. “That one,” she said, pointing to a picturesque villa with a breathtaking view of the ocean. “It looks perfect.”

Engfa clicked on the link to explore more details. The villa had everything they could have asked for: a secluded beachfront, luxurious accommodations, and a beautiful open-air space for the ceremony. It felt right—simple, elegant, and exactly what they wanted.

“I’ll contact them and see if they have availability,” Engfa said, her voice tinged with excitement.

Charlotte pressed a soft kiss to Engfa’s cheek. “I can’t believe we’re actually planning our wedding.”

Engfa turned to her, catching her lips in a gentle kiss. “Neither can I. But it feels so real now. We’re really doing this.”

---

Later that evening, the two sat in the living room, a glass of wine in each of their hands as they continued to toss around ideas for the wedding. They talked about everything from the guest list to the décor, and even the type of music they wanted to play.

“So, do you think we should have a band or a DJ?” Engfa asked, taking a sip of her wine.

Charlotte thought for a moment, then smiled. “How about both? A band for the ceremony and reception, and a DJ for the after-party.”

Engfa chuckled. “Of course. You would want to keep the party going.”

Charlotte nudged her playfully. “Hey, it’s a celebration of love. It should be fun!”

As the evening went on, the conversation drifted from wedding details to dreams of their future together. They talked about traveling, starting a family, and all the adventures they wanted to share.

“I want us to travel the world,” Charlotte said softly, her head resting on Engfa’s shoulder. “There’s so much I want to see, and I want to experience it all with you.”

Engfa smiled, her fingers gently playing with Charlotte’s hair. “We will. After the wedding, we’ll take the most amazing honeymoon and start ticking off every place on our list.”

Charlotte looked up at her, a soft smile on her lips. “You make everything sound so easy.”

“It is,” Engfa replied. “When you’re with the right person, everything is easy.”

Charlotte’s smile deepened, and she leaned in for another kiss, slow and tender, filled with the promise of their future.

---

The next morning, Engfa found herself sitting in her father’s study, discussing business matters. As the next in line to take over the family company, she had a lot of responsibilities, and even though she was excited about the wedding, she knew she couldn’t neglect her duties.

“Everything’s falling into place with the business,” her father said, looking over some reports. “I’m proud of how you’ve managed things, Engfa. You’ve proven yourself time and time again.”

Engfa smiled, feeling the weight of his approval. “Thank you, Dad. I’ve had good guidance.”

Her father leaned back in his chair, eyeing her thoughtfully. “And how are things with Charlotte? I could tell at the family gathering that you two are in a good place.”

“We are,” Engfa replied, her smile widening. “We’re planning the wedding now. It’s… surreal, but I’m excited.”

“I’m glad,” her father said with a nod. “Charlotte is a wonderful woman. She may not come from our world, but that’s what makes her special. She’s grounded, intelligent, and she loves you deeply.”

Engfa’s heart swelled at her father’s words. It meant a lot to her to hear that kind of support. “She does. And I love her more than anything.”

Her father smiled. “Then you’re making the right choice. A strong partner is what you need—not just in business, but in life.”

Engfa nodded, appreciating the wisdom of his words. “I just want to make sure I’m giving her everything she deserves. I want to be the best partner I can be.”

“You already are,” her father reassured her. “Just love her. Be there for her. The rest will come naturally.”

---

As the days passed, the excitement for their wedding grew. Engfa found herself looking forward to every moment with Charlotte, from the mundane tasks of daily life to the more significant milestones like planning their future together. The stress of business and family obligations faded when she was with her fiancée, and she couldn’t wait to officially start their life as a married couple.

It wasn’t just about the wedding day anymore. It was about the forever that followed—the promise of a lifetime together, facing whatever came their way hand in hand.

Charlotte had become more than just the orphan girl who worked for the Waraha family. She was Engfa’s equal, her partner, and soon, she would be her wife.

---