Chapter 17: A New Journey: The CEO and Her Wife

It had been six months since their beautiful wedding by the sea, and life for Engfa and Charlotte had shifted into a new rhythm. Engfa had officially stepped into her role as CEO of the Waraha family business, and Charlotte had continued working at the café, now as part-owner, after Engfa had secretly invested in the business to support her wife’s dreams.

Their days had taken on a kind of peaceful duality—Engfa managing high-stakes deals and business strategies, while Charlotte brought warmth to her café, which had become a cozy, well-loved spot in the city. They shared their mornings over coffee, their evenings over dinner, and their weekends adventuring through life hand in hand.

But with the CEO title came heavier responsibilities, and Engfa had felt the weight of it in recent weeks. She sat in her sleek office, floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city below. On her desk were stacks of reports, contracts, and business proposals. The days were long, sometimes exhausting, but her mind always drifted back to Charlotte, the one person who made it all feel worth it.

Her phone buzzed, pulling her out of her thoughts. It was a text from Charlotte.

**"Hey love, I’ve got something special planned for dinner tonight. Don’t work too late. Can’t wait to see you ❤️."**

Engfa smiled, feeling the tension ease from her shoulders. Just the thought of going home to Charlotte was enough to keep her going through the long hours at the office. She quickly typed back:

**"I won’t be late, promise. Looking forward to it. I love you. ❤️"**

She returned to the pile of documents in front of her, focusing on the task at hand. It wasn’t easy juggling the demands of a corporation and maintaining a balanced life, but Engfa had always been driven. However, what she hadn’t anticipated was how different everything would feel with Charlotte by her side—how coming home to someone who truly understood her would give her strength she didn’t know she had.

---

At home, Charlotte busied herself in the kitchen, preparing Engfa’s favorite dishes. The aroma of fresh ingredients filled the air, and she hummed softly to herself, glancing at the clock. It was a small gesture, cooking for Engfa, but it was one of the ways she liked to show her love. She knew the toll the new role as CEO had taken on Engfa, and while Charlotte didn’t fully understand the ins and outs of the corporate world, she knew how to take care of her wife’s heart.

As the clock ticked closer to seven, the sound of the door unlocking signaled Engfa’s arrival. Charlotte wiped her hands on a towel, a soft smile playing on her lips as she watched her wife step inside, looking exhausted yet as beautiful as ever.

“Welcome home, Mrs. Waraha,” Charlotte teased, walking over to greet her with a kiss.

Engfa smiled against her lips, her arms wrapping around Charlotte’s waist. “I missed you today.”

Charlotte chuckled, brushing a strand of hair from Engfa’s face. “I missed you too. Come on, dinner’s ready.”

They sat down at the table, the dim lighting casting a warm, intimate glow around them. Engfa sighed in contentment, the stress of the day melting away as she looked at the spread Charlotte had prepared. The food was perfect, but it was the company that made it all special.

“You’re spoiling me,” Engfa said, taking a bite of the meal.

Charlotte smiled softly. “You’ve been working hard. You deserve a little spoiling.”

As they ate, they talked about their day—Charlotte shared funny stories about the café customers, and Engfa filled her in on some of the less stressful parts of managing the family empire. It was their time to unwind, to just be themselves, away from the outside world.

“I was thinking,” Engfa said, setting her fork down and leaning back in her chair, “about us. About the future.”

Charlotte looked up from her plate, a curious glint in her eye. “What about the future?”

Engfa reached across the table, taking Charlotte’s hand in hers. “You know how much I love my work, but I don’t want it to consume me. I want us to have a life together that’s balanced. I don’t want to be one of those CEOs who’s never home, missing out on the things that matter.”

Charlotte smiled, squeezing Engfa’s hand. “I’ve never doubted that. You’ve always made time for us, even with everything on your plate.”

Engfa shook her head, her expression serious. “I mean it, Char. You’re my priority. Our life together is my priority.”

There was a moment of silence, filled with the weight of Engfa’s words. Charlotte could see the sincerity in her eyes, and it made her heart swell with love.

“You don’t have to worry about that, Engfa,” Charlotte said gently. “I know what I signed up for when I married you. I know you’ll always make room for us, no matter how busy things get.”

Engfa exhaled, her gaze softening. “I just want to make sure you know how much you mean to me.”

“I do,” Charlotte replied with a smile. “And I’m so proud of you—of everything you’ve accomplished.”

They finished their meal, and afterward, Engfa pulled Charlotte onto the couch, wrapping her arms around her as they snuggled up together. The hum of the city outside their apartment faded into the background as they simply enjoyed the quiet moment, basking in the warmth of their love.

---

In the following weeks, Engfa found herself navigating her role as CEO with more confidence, knowing that no matter how challenging things got, she had Charlotte by her side. Their dynamic as a couple strengthened as they learned to balance Engfa’s demanding career with their personal life. They found joy in the little things—weekend getaways, late-night conversations, and spontaneous outings that kept their relationship exciting.

One evening, after a particularly grueling week at work, Engfa surprised Charlotte by picking her up from the café. The café had closed for the night, and Charlotte was wiping down tables when she saw Engfa walk in, a mischievous grin on her face.

“You’re early,” Charlotte said, surprised.

Engfa shrugged. “I thought I’d steal you away for the evening. How does a spontaneous road trip sound?”

Charlotte’s eyes lit up. “Where are we going?”

“Anywhere you want,” Engfa said with a smile. “I just want to spend time with you.”

Charlotte’s heart fluttered at the thought, and she quickly grabbed her things. “Let’s go.”

---

As the car sped down the open road, with no particular destination in mind, Engfa glanced over at Charlotte, her heart full. This was their new journey—a life filled with love, challenges, laughter, and adventure. They were building something together, and Engfa knew that no matter what came their way, they would face it hand in hand.

The CEO and her wife—partners, equals, and, most importantly, in love.

---