2

Everyone left to get the Dutton cattle back and to handle the water ordeal that changes the route of the river. I stayed back with Calloway as we ate dinner, got cleaned up, and went to bed. well I read him a bed time story and tucked him in before I went downstairs to wait for everyone.

When everyone came back we noticed Lee wasn't with them.

"where is he?" I asked

"he'll be coming" someone says

we all waited till we called it a night. I hope he had done the same and wasn't driving while dozing off.

When daybreak came I got Calloway situated and off with Rip to the barn he went while John, & jamie were calling different people having a search party set up.

I walked out on the porch and looked towards the field where I seen Kayce with a body dropped over the horse.

I took off running and I grabbed the dead person's face and saw it was Lee.

"NO.........."I cried as I rested my head on his while sobbing my heart out.

"what happen?" I asked

"dotn wanna talk about it" Kayce says

Before I could say anything John came and he said something to Kayce before he got on the horse and I let Lee go before John rode off.

I took off towards the house in search of Kayce.

"KAYCE" I called out

"why are you yelling and crying?" Jamie asked

"where is your brother?" I asked

"he took off somewhere why?" he asked

I didn't reply just went to go look for him but I heard my son calling for me and that's when I really broke down.

Calloway came running and wrapped his arms around me. I picked him up and helped him to me while I cried.

"Whats' wrong momma?" He asked

 I couldn't talk and I really needed Rip.

"Jamie please call Rip and have him come back to the house. I need him" I asked

he nodded and did like I asked

RIp came through the door and rushed over tome and wrapped his arms around me. 

"what happen?" he asked

"he's gone" I sobbed

he didn't get a chance to ask who cause John came back and told everyone there is gonna be a funeral for Lee.

I sat Calloway down and I took a seat while Rip stood close to him knowing what I was about to share with him would make him cry. and possible wanna take off.

I wiped my eyes and sniffled.

"Hunny" I say taking Calloway's hand

" yeah?' he asked

"I have to tell you something ok" I say

"okay" he says

"remember how daddy and I told you that your grandma on his side and mine are watching over us?" I asked

he nods his head

"Well now daddy is too.He is not longer with us he's an angel who is now gonna protect you just as he had while he was with us" I tell him 

He done just as I knew except he didn't run just turned and wrapped his arms around Rip who squated down and he hugged the shit out of him while crying his little eyes out. I covered my face and cried while Rip tried to comfort us both.

The rest of the day was filled with pain and heartache. Kacey avoided me like the plague which if he had a hand in what happened to Lee I'll beat his ass. I don't care who his daddy is. 

When the funeral came I helped Callowy get his outfit together Calloway and I got myself dressed up before we walked out with Rip and headed towards the cars.

I sat there holding Calloway as he sobbed while Rip stood behind me rubbed my shoulder in a comforting way.

When we got up to walk off I watch John look to the side where I seen Kacey. & as much as I wanted to get answers I was too busy taking care of my son that just lost his father.