Chapter 9: Saved her ass

"Good day miss, how may I help you". The lady smiled, she was petite and had a nice figure with short dark hair and a pair of brown eyes.

"Uhm I'm actually looking for where I can get a phone cord". Valerie said.

"Oh, that would be at the technology department. It's on second floor, you can use that escalator". She said pointing at the escalator.

"Thank you". Valerie smiled and the lady nodded.

She headed to the escalator, which brought her to the technology department as explained, she stared at the place in awe, it was beautiful.

She walked through the aisles, walking passed expensive gadgets and devices, looking for a phone cord. After a few minutes, she arrived at the store where phone cords were sold. After taking it, she headed back to shop for something else.

At the tech department she spotted a few headphones she liked them, they looked expensive, everything her was.

Her fingers caressed them as she checked them out, but accidently she hit one of them and it came falling down. OH NO!. She was so dead.

But then abruptly something moved like a blur and caught the head phone that was only a few inches away from the ground. It was as though time stood still, what was that? What just happened? . Her gaze slowly turned to her side, her jaws dropped when she saw a hand holding the headphone, it wasn't something that moved, it was someone.

Her gaze travelled passed the hand to see the person's face, and it was like time paused when she saw who it was, never in her life did she imagine that this arrogant CEO would save her ass like this.

They just stared at each other, it was like time was moving slow, and it looked like some kind of Bollywood scene. Her mind drifted to his speed, what in the world! That was way too fast, how he could move like that. She couldn't decipher how anyone could move like that, she just suddenly felt a gust of wind like when something moves passed you really fast and then the next thing, a hand had caught the headphone, impossible!!

"How...How did you..." She wanted to ask how he was able to move that fast, but the man's cold voice thundered sending chills down her spine but she tried not to flinch.

..........................EARLIER...................

Kyle was in the technology store with Kayson beside him.

"Whoa that laptop looks so cool Kyle!". Kayson said excitedly.

"So?". Kyle didn't find anything exciting about that.

"I want to buy it". Kyle stated the obvious.

"Go ahead". Kyle shrugged.

"Won't you give me your card?". He asked, wasn't Kyle going to give him his card so he could purchase the laptop?

"No". Kyle answered curtly.

"But why?". Kayson pouted like a little boy.

"You have two laptops and they work just fine"

"But this is my dream laptop Kyle". Kayson whined.

"Then buy it yourself". Kyle said, his gaze never turning to look at his brother.

"You own this place now, so I guess I'd get the laptop for free". Kayson smiled widely.

"No, you won't".

"How about a discount"

"10%"

"20%" Kayson negotiated.

"15%" Kyle stated and Kayson knew that was his final answer. Kyle called the salesperson to pack up the laptop for Kayson with a 15% discount.

It might seem like Kyle was being stingy, I mean it's his mall why can't he give his brother something from it for free. But that was not the case, Kayson here already had two laptops that were working just fine and he even got the second one 2 months ago, and having another one wasn't necessary.

While Kayson was doing his own thing, Kyle continued to stride through the department. It was then he spotted a girl at the headphone's section. He couldn't see her face as she had her back facing him, all he could see was her slender figure and gorgeously shiny straight blonde hair that cascaded down her back.

She was checking out the headphone, he was about to turn away when he noticed that one of the headphones was about to fall down. And like everything seized to matter he moved with so much speed and caught the headphone.

He realized what he just did, but it was too late, he noticed the girl was shocked by his sudden movements, judging by the way she just froze. Did she notice his speed he hoped not, he just remained like that as though waiting for the girl to turn?

And when she finally did, it was his turn to freeze. This girl Azure eyes he knew he felt it. He should've just let the headphone fall so she could pay for it. This stubborn and feisty mouse that was so not afraid of him and even stood up to him just yesterday and he just foolishly saved her ass right now. He just really hoped that this feisty mouse wouldn't be smart enough to fish out anything.

"How... how did you?". He heard her stutter, but was quick to interrupt her so she didn't finish her question.

"I never knew such a feisty mouse could be so clumsy". His voice rang in her ears and Valerie just stared at him.

"Thank you". She suddenly said and the man almost froze again, the way she thanked him.

"What for" He said coldly

"For helping me out" She said and Kyle scoffed.

"Helping you out?"

"Yes, if you hadn't caught the headphone just in time, it would have broken and I would've had to pay for it which I might not have been able to". She explained.

"Listen Azure eyes, this is my mall now and so is every item sold here. I caught this headphone because I didn't want it to break I was not trying to help, no way, so quit getting the wrong idea". He stated, placing the headphone back where it was. Judging by the things he just said, he was sure that he was able to rile up this feisty mouse, he smiled inwardly. But what the girl said next shocked him.

"Now you Listen Mr CEO, I don't care why you caught the headphone, that's none of by business. All I know is that by catching the headphone you saved me and that's why I said 'thank you', nothing more". Valerie told him coldly as she could and successfully didn't flinch at the cold aura he emitted, which got worse after she spoke to him now. This man was arrogant, just what he thought of himself, she gave him one last glare before walking away. She walked a few steps away before halting in her steps.

"And yes, it's not Azure eyes, it's Valerie". Then she continued walking. Kyle didn't turn around to face her, he just looked over his shoulder when she spoke.

Valerie caught up with Natasha and Simone.

"Hey why do you look so enraged?" Natasha probed while Simone nodded in agreement.

"It was that arrogant CEO". She clenched her jaw.

"Arrogant CEO?". Natasha asked, as she and Simone looked at each other in confusion.

"Yes, that arrogant CEO, I think Kyle something". She said.

"Kyle Gilberth?" Simone asked with wide eyes and dropped jaws, the famous and ruthless CEO, but also the most gorgeous being she had ever seen.

"Yes".

"You met him?" Natasha probed.

"Yes, this was the second time and hopefully the last. I'll be at the parking space". She said handing Simone the phone cord before walking away and the two girls could only stare at each other in shock.

***

I hope ya'll enjoy this book, it's my first here please do well to vote. Thanks!