Chapter 10: Clear the footage

Their friend really had an encounter with the almighty CEO, Kyle Gilberth? That man could send shivers down anyone's spine, how did she keep up.

Simone's trail of thoughts was interrupted when Natasha tapped her, saying it was time to pay.

Simone handed the lady at the cash register her card before placing all the items she bought on the counter.

After the cash lady was done scanning the items and doing everything.

"Miss I'm sorry but your card is short on money for the things you bought". The lady said, in a calm tone.

"What?". Simone leaned forward.

"Everything you bought here costs $800.99 and this card has only $750". The lady explained.

"Grrrrrrrrr dad" Simone clenched her teeth.

"Seems like you have to return a few things" Natasha said, trying to contain her laughter at Simone....

Meanwhile....At the second floor at the technology department, Kayson was speaking to Kyle.

"What if someone saw that?". Kayson asked Kyle as they walked.

"Then handle it". Kyle clenched his teeth.

"Like it's that easy. I can't believe you actually used your powers like that. What if someone saw that or what if someone checks the CCTV".

Kayson complained. He didn't understand why Kyle would use his powers so carelessly like that, anyone could have seen that.

"You can easily clear the footage. Good luck with that, now leave me alone". Kyle stormed out, he was really pissed by Valerie's attitude, and Kayson could only sigh and shake his head as he watched the furious man's figure

It was another day the sun was out, stretching across the horizon in beautiful rays that made the sky vibrant. Vehicles were moving to and fro in different directions, to different destinations. Stores and malls were open and the busy streets of Oregon had started its usual.

............AT K.I.D LIMITED..................

Kyle was in his office he was making a phone call. He was clad in his usual business attire, a black suit with a blue shirt underneath.

"I'll be at the site in an hour". He said his voice firm and authoritative as usual.

He disconnected the call and headed to the first floor where some of his business partners including Kayson were already waiting for him.

They all lowered their heads and greeted him as soon as he arrived at the first floor, and with just a nod of his head they exited the building and stride to the parking lot.

Kyle, Kayson and one other business man got into Kyle's Lamborghini including Smith, his driver while the other three business men got into one of their own cars. It wasn't like all the men didn't have cars, they were wealthy after all, but they didn't all want to go in separate cars because it would just be too much and unnecessary. They were going to checkout and supervise the demolishing of a site, not to fight a crime scene.

About 30 minutes later, they arrived at Nestle Street. They parked their cars in a space before getting out. A man clad in a security uniform approached them.

"This is the place?". Kyle asked, his eyes slightly gazing over the whole place, it was such a small, simple street.

"Yes sir, but it's that neighborhood over there". The man said, pointing ahead of them.

"Yes Mr Kyle". One of the men butted in. He was the same man that did the presentation at the conference meeting. And with that, the group approached the neighborhood, excavators and other machines were stationed outside, ready to demolish.

Some group of men clad in their uniform which signified that were the ones in charge of controlling the machines greeted the men in suit as they stood in position, one of them approached Kyle.

"Good morning sir, we haven't started yet because we have not communicated with the owners of the property". The man said, not looking Kyle in the eye and Kyle nodded.

"Go, knock on the door". He said sitting in his car and the man in his uniform whose name was Roger approached the door.

He knocked a few times, before he heard a voice from inside.

"I'm coming! Do you want to break down the door?". The voice said, it sounded feminine.

The man retracted his hand and the door swung open and their gaze fell on the woman, an old lady!. Jade looked around, she suddenly felt chills. She wondered what these machines and this entire people were doing outside her house.

Her gaze travelled to the two men in the car, though she couldn't see their faces their aura was the most obvious right now. What was going on? All these......

With the courage she could muster, she stepped out, closing the door behind her. She looked at the men before her, who had already stepped forward.

"To what do I owe these visit young men". She managed to speak audibly.

"Get the cheque, Mr Kyle gave you''. Mr Bryan told one of the businessmen.

"Good morning ma'am, we are from K.I.D Enterprises and we have a project to carry out on the property". Mr Bernard, one of the business men spoke.

"A project?". Jade probed, her grey colored brow raised.

"In other words, we have come to demolish this house and that small shop there too". Bernard continued.

"What? Demolish? I disagree to th...at". Jade shook her head in disagreement.

Just then, the man Kyle had asked to bring the cheque returned and handed Mr Bernard the cheque.

"We'll pay for everything ma'am. Here's a cheque of 6million USD. Take this and cooperate with us". Mr Bernard said handing the cheque to her, but Jade didn't even look at it.

"I do not need your money". Jade said sternly.

"You clearly do ma'am". One of the men spoke rudely.

"I might be poor but it's not about the money, this place has always been my home, I have a lot of memories here and no amount of money can make me destroy it". Jade's voice rang in their ears again.

"So you rather live in this......'' His gaze swept across the place with disgust . ''...swamp?". The man who spoke earlier asked in a mocking tone.

"Call it whatever you want, but it's my home. I intended to get it renovated, but demolishing it to build something totally different was out of the option". Jade answered him and the man tsk.

''Listen ma'am go inside, you have 30 minutes to pack your things'' Mr Bryan said sternly.

''I will do no such thing'' Jade yelled.

''Sir it's an old lady and she's refusing to cooperate, she rejected the cheque as well'' Mr Bernard reported to Kyle who was in the car with The Kay as he was popularly referred to as.

"Kyle I don't think this is right, we shouldn't force her". Kayson whispered to Kyle after leaning closer to him, but Kyle just ignored him.

''She's refusing to accept the cheque. Shall we just use coercion?'' Mr Bernard said.

''She should be old enough to be your granny you know'' Kayson told him.

''That's if I were human right?''

''But still.'' Kay said.

''Your orders sir'' One of the men asked Kyle.

''Move her away'' Kyle said with a nod.

The workers bundled the old lady away and held her in place, while the others began the demolishing.

''Let me go'' Jade wriggled in her grip and they let her go. She motioned to move forward but they blocked her way.

She brought out the phone Valerie got her and dialed her number but it was switched off. She tried multiple times, it wasn't going through. She felt helpless, watching her home get assaulted like this.

****

I try to upload frequently! Please vote for my book.