The Great Panty Prince Bet: Aftermath

After their chaotic adventure in the forest, Ellustrya and Boldasarre returned to the city, hoping to leave the absurdity behind them. But as they approached the city gates, something felt off. Whispers filled the air, and everywhere they went, people stared at them—not with the usual respect or admiration, but with poorly concealed smirks and stifled laughter. Something was definitely wrong.

"What's going on?" Ellustrya asked one of the guards at the gate, her voice laden with concern. "Why is everyone acting so strangely?"

The guard glanced at Boldasarre and stifled a snicker. "You... don't know?" he asked, his tone laced with disbelief.

"I have no idea," Ellustrya replied, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"You... really should look into it," the guard replied, clearly struggling to keep a straight face.

Ellustrya turned to Boldasarre, her expression mirroring her concern.

"Let's go to the tavern and see what this is all about," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Boldasarre nodded, his face flushed with embarrassment. He couldn't shake the feeling that whatever this was, it was somehow his fault.

They walked to the local tavern, where they found a crowd gathered around one of the tables. A young woman was sitting there, her trousers down at her ankles. On her bare legs were her high-cut undergarments, a stark contrast to the rest of her attire. A glass of ale sat in front of her, half-empty, and her cheeks were flushed with the unmistakable glow of alcohol.

"What in the blazes is going on here?" Ellustrya demanded, pushing her way through the crowd. "Who is this woman, and why is she sitting here with her trousers down?"

"She says she's an adventurer," one of the patrons replied, barely able to contain his laughter. "She says she's on an adventure, and that she needs to keep her trousers down because..."

"Because monsters won't attack you if they can see your underwear," another patron interrupted, finishing the sentence for him.

The crowd burst into laughter, but the young woman remained silent, her eyes fixed on the table in front of her.

"Is this true?" Ellustrya asked, her gaze fixed on the young woman. "Is that why you're sitting here with your trousers down?"

The young woman nodded slowly, her expression somber. "I... I'm sorry, Princess," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the din of the tavern. "I didn't know what else to do..."

Ellustrya shook her head, unable to hide her frustration. "This is unacceptable," she declared, her voice laced with anger. "We are adventurers, not exhibitionists!"

The young woman nodded, her eyes filled with shame. "I'm sorry..." she murmured, her voice trembling slightly.

"I am disgusted by this display," Ellustrya continued, her tone firm. "Trousers up, everyone. Now."

The young woman complied, pulling her trousers back up and buckling them tightly around her waist. But as she did so, the other patrons of the tavern followed suit, each one looking just as sheepish as the next.

Ellustrya shook her head in disbelief, her eyes narrowed in anger. "This is absurd," she muttered. "I don't know what's gotten into all of you, but this ends now."

"But Lady Ellustrya, we're just following your example!" a woman in the crowd protested. "Word spread of your speech in Town of Ackelay, where you proclaimed yourself the Panty Princess, and said you were more than just your underwear, and you showed your underwear with pride!"