Chapter Twenty-Three

Author's Note: Hey y'all, just checking in with you because it's been a few chapters since I did that. Super happy to say that Eyes of Azyron is still right on schedule, and will now be looking at being fully published (first draft ofc lol) around November-December '24. Also, a BIG accomplishment for this book is it has officially surpassed 50K words! I am so happy to be able to say that, and knowing the manuscript isn't even done yet. I'm hoping to have it done at around 70K words. So glad I took this chance and stayed with it, now all that's left is to finish what I started.

Also, we recently passed 1.5K reads, on around 9/29/24. Thank you guys so much for that. It really is the readers that encourages me to continue, that help me get out of the echo chamber of my own mind and remember to just write, that it's going to be enjoyed by someone. So again, thank you all, and much love <3. I'll see you guys again at 2K reads!

 I'll see you guys again at 2K reads!

Victor watched his servant closely for a moment, trying to guess who the unexpected guest was

Victor watched his servant closely for a moment, trying to guess who the unexpected guest was. Concern furrowed the man's brow, and Victor raised his eyebrow with an unspoken question. The man swallowed hard, and gave his head a small shake. Victor lowered his head and sighed deeply. "Very well then. I'll be on my way."

He turned back towards me. "Please excuse me, Marienne. I know this conversation is far from over, but it seems that I am needed urgently. Will I be seeing you at dinner? I know we have a guest, but I would still like to see you there." He took my hand in his, and looked expectantly into my eyes.

I was more than ready to move on from the conversation. I wasn't nearly as angry as I had been earlier, either. So, I smiled brightly and nodded. "Yes, I'll see you then Victor. I think I need to go see Amelia now, as it is."

He seemed pleased by that. "Well, then, I'll be off. I'm sure this won't be anything that takes too much of my time. Perhaps we can take a stroll around the garden later?"

The thought of walking around the garden certainly was appealing. I was more than happy to agree to that, then followed him out the door and down the stairs. I turned quickly towards the servant's quarters, not really glancing towards the two people waiting in the foyer. I did manage to catch sight of a man, tall and dark haired, and a woman in a crimson dress with hair as white as snow.