28:paige

All the girls were at practice, Paige could see Brianna out of the corner of her eye, causing her to work even harder. Practice recently had become intense, their first game was only a week away. All the girls were nervous but excited, quite confident that they had the skills to win but still unsure how the whole season would play out.

Both Brianna and Paige had an important game in their calendars, it was in 3 weeks. The team would be going to Minnesota, the game was on Thursday so the team were allowed to stay for Friday and the whole weekend. Usually they would just go home after a game, but Geno made an exception due to it being both Paige and Brianna's home town.

Paige was happy that she would be able to see her dad and drew, visit some old friends and just chill. Brianna on the other hand, could not contain her excitement. She hadn't shut up about it since she found out that the team were going there, she had made so many plans with her best friends, Lily and Maizie. She wanted the whole team to meet the two girls.

Brianna and Paige  had already planned what they would be doing on Friday night, the night after the game. The team, Brianna, Lily, Maizie and Amaya, who plays for Minnesota but used to play with Paige back in high school, were all going out. Paige was especially excited to reunite with Amaya, they hadn't seen each other in ages, but the girl was like a little sister to Paige, so she was counting down the days.

The excitement about this game really fuelled Paige to do the best she could and practice as hard as she can, so when the season starts she could put her all into it. Even the fans were excited for that specific game, because they knew the history between Paige and Amaya.

It was the end of practice, everyone was tired and wanted to go home and sleep. But before all leaving they waved goodbye to Brianna, Paige staying behind. "So, did I look good out there" the blonde asked, "oh she's fishing for compliments." Brianna announced to an empty court. "Chill" Paige said as a giggle escaped her mouth. "So I was wondering where are we going to take the team on Friday night? Do amaya, Lily or Maizie have any ideas?" Paige asked. "Im not sure but I'm definitely going to ask them to think of something, the only good places I know are on campus, and I don't think the students are gonna like the uconn team hanging around after you just beat their team." Brianna spoke out.  "Oh so you think we will win?" Paige responded in a cocky tone. "I could place money on it, but I'm not much of a gambler." The brunette joked. Both girls laughing.

The two girls made their way out of the building, giving each other a quick side hug (which they both wanted to last longer), and departing ways. Brianna remembered about the conversation she had with Paige earlier and immediately texted the group chat of her, Lily and Maizie.

                                  Soul sisters💋
—————————————————————————
Hey girlies. Miss you btw, we need to call soon. But can you guys come up with places that us, the team and Amaya could go to on Friday night when we come over.Pretty please!!!

                                                                                    Lily
                             Don't worry we've been so excited that we have already been planning everything

                               Maizie
                                Real, we've literally spoken to Amaya about it too, we've got some good things up our sleeve.

Omg guys I love you. What things??

                               Maizie
                                You'll just have to wait and see

                               Lily
                                It's a surprise🤫
                                 And we love you too xxx

Brianna smiled at her phone, realising how much she had missed the two girls she would call her family, it was weird going from seeing them all day everyday, to not seeing them at all but at least now she finally had the opportunity to see them again, and she genuinely could not wait. These 3 weeks are going to be the longest weeks of her life. For her this is better than the count down to Christmas. Soon enough she would be reunited with her favourite people, and that was enough for her to keep going.

—————————————————————————
Guys I've been on a school trip from 7am to 8:30pm. I got home at like 8:45pm which is diabolical. No school trip should ever be that long, so I've literally had no time to write anything all day, plus I'm so tired and I'm literally pressing publish and going to sleep. So I'm sorry that it's kinda short but whatever.