16: brianna

Brianna was sat at her desk, taking out everything from the bag Paige had brought to her a few minutes ago. A fuzzy feeling grew inside of her at the thought that her and Paige were becoming close again.

Recently though, she'd been feeling home sick, well not really home sick because uconn was her home. But she missed her best friends. She hadn't spoken to either of them in a few days, she'd been so busy. She knew her two besties would be together right now, so she FaceTimed Lily knowing she was more likely to answer her phone than maizie. She was right, after the first ring she picked up, the two girls screaming at the camera bringing a laugh to Brianna's mouth. God she missed them so much. "BRIANNA WE MISS YOU!" The two girls screamed at the same time. "I miss you guys too, like so much, you don't understand."

The girls spent half an hour just talking and catching up, Brianna hadn't felt this happy in ages, she wished she was there with them. A feeling of sadness washed over her but it didn't last long because Maizie had cracked out another joke, the joke was so bad that she couldn't help but laugh. The three girls continued talking until maizie and Lily fell into silence. Panic filled Brianna. "Guys are you still there?" " oh my god, Brianna" Lily spit out, "what...what!?" Brianna snapped back. Maizie flipped her phone towards the camera, the screen showing Paige's post. "Girl what is this. One you guys look so cute and two when did you guys become friends again. I know we don't see you anymore but damn we've missed a whole chapter." Lily said with an amused grin spreading across her face, maizie matched that face. In high school both girls wanted Brianna and Paige to become a thing, they were their biggest supporters, so this was so exciting to them. Their teenage selves would be jumping up and down by now. Brianna forgot that she needed to tell her friends things so that they were fully updated on her life, assuming they would automatically know everything as soon as it happened. "Oh yeah that, uhm, we're trying to be friends, for the sake of the team, but we're becoming close again." Brianna paused before continuing, "she apologised, so did I. We've moved on now, things are sometimes kind of awkward but we're definitely progressing. I think I may still have a thing for her." She said the last sentence quietly, it was the first time she had admitted it out loud. This caused the other two girls to scream and jump around.

The three best friends continued to catch up, finally ending the call when Brianna said that she really needed to start planning her documentary. Once the call left, she sat in silence. The lonely feeling crept up to her quite suddenly before shaking it off and deciding to preoccupy her mind with work.

She was looking at the guidelines her professor had set. There weren't many as it said you needed to make the project your own, but it had to be at least an hour long and up to 5 hours maximum. Brianna decided that she would split her documentary into 4 segments and split them into 45 minute episodes: The pre season, First half of the season, second half of the season (she knew uconn would make it to the elite 8) and then after the season. In the episodes she would include candid shots, interviews with all the players and coach Geno, the girls hanging out outside of basketball, maybe some tours of the team's facilities and so on. At the moment she was only writing rough notes, but she knew it was a good starting point. She put her pen and paper away, stood up and fell into her bed. After a few minutes she had fallen asleep.