5: brianna

Brianna was sat in her film class, she had always loved film and it was the main reason she decided she wanted to go to uconn, because uconn was known for an amazing film programme. She was listening to the professor, as he was explaining what the semester and the whole year would look like for the course. Brianna's ears zoned out and zoned back in multiple times throughout the hour as she already knew most of what he was saying as she had read the transcript of what the course would be before she signed up. Until she heard something new.

"This course doesn't usually change, but this year is an exception due to the smaller class we have. So, I have been able to get enough placements for each of you to give you an opportunity to create a documentary in your specific assigned area, these placements vary, some will be assigned to a sports team while others will be assigned a wider topic, for example how does the school provided meal plan impact each student separately. No one is allowed to change what they get assigned to and you will have the whole year to complete this and it will be worth 80% of your final grade. Ok now everyone come and collect your envelope from the front of the room and then you are dismissed. I will release a presentation and email it to all of you, which will answer any question you may have, but if you still are questioning something don't hesitate to email me and I'll try get back to you as quick as I can."

Brianna's eyes gleamed with excitement, this was her thing and she knew she would be able to perfect whatever she got. Her mind ran a hundred miles a minute as she was thinking about all these ideas of how she was going to do this. Slowly queueing behind everyone waiting her turn, her smile kept growing until she approached the front and collected her envelope.

As she returned to her dorm, practically running back and shortening the journey from 15 minutes to around 8. She burst into the dorm, Jules jumped up from the couch her eyes darting towards Brianna, "fuck, don't scare me like that Bri" Jules exhaled, while walking over to Brianna.
"I have a project for film class where I'm going to make a documentary, it's going to take me the whole year and this envelope is going to tell me what my documentary is going to be about" Brianna said whilst slowly tearing the envelope with a smile on her face.

The smile plummeted so quickly making Jules worried. The four words stabbed Brianna in the back and tears began growing in her eyes. Silence fell in the room to the point where you could hear Brianna's tear fall on the piece of paper that said "uconn's women's basketball team"