Chapter Part 21

As we pulled up to Alex's home, my heart began to race. His house was warm and inviting, with soft lights glowing through the windows. He parked the car and came around to open my door, ever the gentleman.

"Welcome to my humble abode," he said with a smile, taking my hand and leading me to the door.

"Thank you," I replied, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness.

He unlocked the door, and we stepped inside. The interior was cozy and tastefully decorated, with a comfortable-looking couch, a fireplace, and shelves filled with books and personal mementos. Alex took my coat and hung it up, then guided me to the living room.

"Make yourself at home," he said warmly. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"Just some water, please," I replied, still taking in the surroundings.

Alex returned with two glasses of water and sat down next to me on the couch. He placed a gentle hand on my knee, his touch sending a reassuring warmth through me.

"I'm really glad you're here," he said softly, looking into my eyes.

"Me too," I said, feeling the sincerity in his words.

"Would you like to see the rest of the house?" he asked after a while.

"I'd love to," I said, curious to see more.

He took my hand and led me on a tour, showing me the kitchen, the study, and finally his bedroom. It was simple and elegant, with a large bed covered in a soft, inviting duvet.

"This is my favorite place," he said, smiling. "It's where I can relax and be myself."

"It's lovely," I said, feeling a sense of peace wash over me.

Alex turned to me, his eyes filled with tenderness. "I meant what I said earlier. I just want to hold you tonight, nothing more. I want you to feel safe with me."

"I do feel safe with you, Alex," I said, touched by his words.

He pulled me into a gentle embrace, and we stood there for a moment, just holding each other. It felt like all the worries and uncertainties of the world melted away in his arms.

"Let's get comfortable," he said, pulling back slightly and smiling.

Alex gave me his shorts and a tee, which reached my knees. I changed and came out of the bathroom only to see him shirtless and only in his sweatpants. Gosh, he had abs. I quickly moved my gaze from him to the bed where he had neatly set the pillows and blankets.

"You look so good in my clothes, love," he said, holding my hand and pulling me towards the bed.

"Come, let's get under the covers," he said, pulling the covers over us. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me close. The warmth of his body and the steady rhythm of his breathing were incredibly soothing. He placed warm kisses on my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. He pulled me closer to his chest.

"Humm... you smell so good, baby," he said huskily while kissing the mole under my lips. "I love this mole under your lips, love," he said, kissing it again and then looking into my eyes as if he were seeing something magical in them. I placed my hands on his chest; I could feel his rapid heartbeats. Was I making his heart beat like that?

"Yes, you make my heart beat like crazy, my love," he said as if reading my mind. He leaned his forehead on mine and whispered, "I really want to do so much more than this, love, but I will wait for your permission even if it takes forever." He leaned back and pulled me closer to his chest.

"Goodnight, my love," he whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"Goodnight, Alex," I replied, feeling a profound sense of contentment.