Brutus

Brutus is a complex character in history and literature, and opinions on whether he was a hero or a villain are divided. Some see him as a noble figure who acted for the good of Rome, while others see him as a traitor who betrayed a friend and a leader.
Brutus was one of the main conspirators in the assassination of Julius Caesar, whom he saw as a threat to the Republic. His actions were based on his belief that Caesar was becoming too powerful and would ultimately destroy the Roman Republic, and that it was his duty to protect Rome from this threat.
While Brutus may have genuinely believed that he was acting in the best interests of Rome, his actions ultimately led to a period of chaos and civil war that destabilized the Republic and paved the way for the rise of the Roman Empire. Therefore, it is difficult to say whether his actions were truly for the good of Rome.
As for the question of whether betrayal is ever the right thing to do, it is a highly debated topic. Some argue that there may be circumstances where betrayal is necessary to prevent greater harm, while others say loyalty and trust are essential values that should never be compromised. Ultimately, the morality of betrayal depends on the specific circumstances and the values and beliefs of the individuals involved.