✧˖° 24 °˖✧

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR!

. *. THE REHEARSAL . * .

────────────────────

The Joza's House, Bel-Air (Monday, August 7th, 2023 - 03:30pm)

"camille abigail joza" i heard a male voice before feeling a pillow landing on my head

"what the..." i grumbled, trying to open my eyes.

"what are you doing?!" the guy exclaimed

"i was sleeping"

"no, no, no. no time for that. alexa, open the curtains"

"what? no! what is your problem?!" i exclaimed, sitting up on my bed. when the curtains were already opened enough for the sunlight to come in, i could realized who woke me up from my nap. "sean, what do you want?"

"we need to practice! worlds start this thursday and we have nothing"

"couldn't you wait till tomorrow? i'm tired" i said, laying back on my bed

"nope. we're staring today, right now. i'll wait for you in the car so hurry up!" he said and then left my room

i groaned as sean's footsteps finally faded down the hall, leaving my room bright with sunlight. i threw my pillow over my face, trying to block out the world for just a few more minutes. "why does he always have to be so intense?" i muttered to myself.

but, of course, he had a point. world of dance was right around the corner, and as much as i wanted to stay buried in my bed, i knew i had to get up and get ready. sighing, i tossed the pillow aside and forced myself to sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"alright, alright," i mumbled, dragging myself out of bed and heading toward the bathroom. five more minutes of sleep would've been nice, but i couldn't push it any longer.

as i brushed my teeth, my thoughts drifted to the past few weeks; arizona, the semifinals, the almost-kisses with austin that still replayed in my mind. now, back home in la, the real pressure was setting in. worlds was on the horizon, and there was no room for mistakes.

after freshening up and throwing on my usual dance gear; an oversized shirt and leggings; I grabbed my camera, figuring i might as well vlog the experience.

"hey guys," i said into the lens, trying to sound more awake than i felt. "so, sean just woke me up from my much-needed nap because we're teaching a master class today. yep, no rest for the wicked, right?"

i could hear sean calling for me again from downstairs, and i rolled my eyes. "anyway, let's get this over with," i added before turning off the camera and heading down to meet him.