✧˖° 29 °˖✧

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE!

. *. THE FINAL COMPETITION . * .

────────────────────

Millennium Dance Complex - Studio City (Sunday, August 13th, 2023 - 08:00am)

"happy world of dance finals day!" we all screamed to the camera. all being 'the millionaires', 'momentum', maya, anthony and miss ann marie. "today's the big day, guys" i started when everyone scattered around the entrance of mdc. "today, world of dance 2023 is over"

"and today we are achieving our sixteenth victory" mackenna said, standing next to me

"yep!" i grinned, turning the camera toward her before flipping it back to myself. "momentum is ready, the millionaires are ready, we're all ready."

"and hungry," nico chimed in, making everyone laugh as he walked by with a breakfast sandwich in hand, making us laugh.

anthony came up next to me, arms crossed, but there was a proud smile on his face. "this is it, guys. no matter what happens, just remember to leave it all on the stage. this is what you've worked for."

we all nodded, the gravity of his words settling in. it wasn't just about the competition; it was about everything we'd put into our routines, every drop of sweat, every late-night rehearsal, every moment we'd pushed ourselves to the limit. today was about more than just winning; it was about showing the world what we were capable of.

"so," i continued, turning back to the camera, "before we head to anaheim, we're doing a last-minute run-through here at mdc, just to get the nerves out. after that, we're officially on our way to world of dance."

mackenna clapped her hands together, buzzing with excitement. "let's go! we're gonna crush it."

"yeah!" as we walked into the studio, the familiar buzz of anticipation filled the air. this was the final rehearsal, the last time we'd get to perfect our moves before stepping onto the biggest stage of the year. my mind was racing, but i knew one thing for sure: today was going to be unforgettable.

────────────────────

Anaheim Convention Center - Anaheim (Sunday, August 13th, 2023 - 10:30am)

"are you nervous?" mackenna asked me as i parked my car outside the convention center.

"a little," i admitted, glancing over at her. "but it's more like... excitement. i can't wait to get out there."

"same." mackenna smiled, adjusting her hoodie. "this is the big one."