Chapter Fifty-Eight

Trigger Warning: Detailed description of how it feels to experience suicidal ideation and feelings of hopelessness. Reader Discretion is Advised.

"You're stunning," Osiris said warmly as he gazed at the thin gold strings of energy that wrapped themselves around Rebecca's body.

"That was...I'm sorry, I didn't realize that would happen," she said in embarrassment as she rolled onto her side, pulling the sheet over her chest as the strings slowly receded.

"Don't be embarrassed, that was wonderful," Osiris said reassuringly as he brushed her hair back, and she took a moment to look at his bare chest, examining the scars that spanned across his entire body.

"Really? You're not just saying that to make me feel better?" She asked skeptically, and he shook his head in disappointment as he lay back, wrapping his arms around her.

"Beloved, why would I ever lie to you?" he asked honestly, and she sighed.

"You wouldn't," she sighed as she nuzzled into his chest "I think I'm just looking for reasons to doubt myself at this point... I can't wrap my head around being anything more than just... me. I'm afraid that if I embrace becoming this goddess form of myself, the 'Rebecca' part of me might cease to exist."

"Love, you're still you in every sense of the word," Osiris explained confidently "You are both Rebecca and Isis, I can see it. And embracing your nature isn't going to change that," he stated, and she glanced up at him hopefully.

"How do you know?" Rebecca asked curiously, and Osiris smiled at her hopefully.

"Because I've seen this all before with a close friend of mine; when a young woman named Viola came to this very house to see her husband for the first time after her awakening, she had the same concerns as you," he explained, and Rebecca's eyes widened.

"... Lilith was afraid too?" she asked, and he nodded gently.

"She was slow to remember her past, and when she did, it wasn't easy considering the circumstances of how her previous life had come to an end." he sighed "Juggling what she thought she knew and what she was coming to learn about her souls' history was a challenging balance, but she persevered when she realized that while the past was set in stone, she had control over her future's path. She embraced her name when the time felt right, but she knew that Viola's mortal life would always be a part of her." he explained thoughtfully, and Rebecca started to think more deeply about things.

"All she really talks about is how she awakened and what happened between her and Matthias before she fled her home," Rebecca said calmly "I don't think I know anything else about Viola."

"Nineteen years of mortality is incredibly minuscule in comparison to the rest of her life, and bringing back tragic memories of the fiancé and mother who turned against her must be painful," he stated, and Rebecca nodded.

"I guess I can relate to some extent," Rebecca sighed "My family wasn't trying to kill me or anything, but my life has been far from perfect. Drunk parents, a dad that eventually abandoned us, constant bullying and sexual harassment from dumbass teenagers who think the world owes them everything... maybe Lilith had the right idea leaving her modern name behind to symbolize a life that was meant to come to an end." she explained as she sat up, holding the sheet against her chest.

"It's not about ending, beloved," Osiris said as he gently ran his fingers up her spine, giving her chills "It's about rebirth. The question is, do you feel ready?" he asked hopefully, and she closed her eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath as she ran her fingers over her bangs, holding them back as her third eye slowly opened, and he sat up and looked at her proudly.