Chapter 14

Tay's sanity is hanging by a cobweb. Newwiee is not answering his calls or replying to his text messages. How did this happen? They have been cautious. He thought they were. The streets were dark. It was just them. How could anyone have seen them?

His phone has been buzzing with calls and texts from Mae, Por, Tan, Mook, and his friends. Even from people he hasn't spoken to in years. Yet, the only person he desires to speak to appears to have disappeared off the surface of the fucking earth.

Apprehension and curiosity drive him back to the internet. He cares little for what people think about him. What they say about Newwiee is the exigent matter here. The man has endured so much from the industry. Tay would hate to be the reason more trouble is delivered at New's doorstep.

He is horrified by what he sees on X. There are photos of him and Newwiee together from last year. Hazy shots of Tay dropping Newwiee off at the airport. Of Newwiee in Tay's car. Touring the city. Even one of them leaving the plaza together.

Some sick people gridded their Instagram photos side by side. 'We've connected the dots', they said. They have linked the blue heart in Newwiee's stories to the one Tay attaches to his captions. Tied him to the silhouette in Newwiee's post by comparing the similarity in a strand of hair.

They have associated a camera from New's story with an identical one that appeared in one of Tay's photos. He is torn between being angry at their nosiness and the fact that it is not even the same camera.

Tay tries New's number again to no avail. When Mae calls again, he picks up this time.

"Mae." He hears the exhaustion in his own voice. All he has done is sit and wait and yet he feels enervated.

"We saw."

"I am sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Mae says and a relieved breath spills out of his mouth. "Can you fix it or do you want us to?"

"I want to talk to him before making any decisions. I don't want to make things worse by trying to solve this."

"Okay. I have faith in you, Tay. Not just me. Your dad and your siblings too. Everyone is worried."

Tay takes in a shaky breath. He denies himself the pleasure of crying. "I—uh," he clears his throat, overwhelmed. "T-thanks."

"I love you, son."

"Love you too."

The apartment is quieter after Mae's call. He turns off the internet on his phone to resist the temptation of going back to that place. It is the Devil's lair. Such dreadful headlines. So many despicable things are being said about his Newwiee.

More hours slip by. The skies have shed off daylight and stars begin to rear their tiny heads. Tay stands on his balcony and calls his boyfriend again. He knows it is a bootless endeavor but he cannot stop now. Does not want to stop. Not when it feels like he's the only one fighting. Perhaps New has no strength now. Tay will shoulder this burden for the two of them until New wants to fight again.

I'm coming to Bangkok, he sends his boyfriend a text. He starts turning away from the balcony when his phone starts vibrating. It is Newwiee.

His hands tremble as he answers the call and holds the phone to his ears. "Hi, New."

"Don't come here, Tawan." New sounds different. His tone is crisp and rigid. These are not the words Tay wants to hear from the man he has been trying to reach since morning. The man he has been going crazy worrying about.

"I want to help."

"You won't be of any help to me boarding a flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok when all eyes are on us now," he snaps. "Don't make this any harder than it already is."

Tay tries not to let that hurt but oh, it leaves a gaping gash in his heart. He struggles to say the next words, "So, what can I do?"

"I don't know."

"Newwiee, I am your boyfriend!"

New's laugh is cold. "As if I needed a reminder. We are all over the internet, Tay."

"Don't take this out on me. Please," He begs. "Please, Newwiee."

It is silent on the other end for a two lengthy seconds then New inhales and exhales. Tay can almost see him running a hand over his mouth. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, it's just—a lot."

That is all it takes for Tay to feel better. He releases a smaller breath of his own. "I know."

"I'm sorry," New repeats. "I love you. You know I love you, right? I feel like I don't say it enough. Or show it enough," he sighs again. "But you know I do, right? You know I love you, don't you?" He sounds hopeless.

"I know. Irrevocably, you once said."

New chuckles but Tay hears the tears in his voice. His boyfriend is crying and he isn't there to hold him. "Irrevocably, yes."

"Newwiee, please. Don't cry."

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Oh Teh," Tay can only stay silent as Newwiee breaks down into big sobs. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

Tay holds the phone closer to his ears. As if that would bring Newwiee closer to him somehow. His own face is wet with tears but he doesn't make a sound. He cannot break down too.

"Babe hey, listen to me. We'll get through this. I promise." This makes New cry harder. "Sweetheart— New?"

"I'm okay. I'm fine." He doesn't sound okay or fine. "I've been summoned by my company. I don't know what my fate is but I'll come to you tomorrow after meeting with them in the morning."

"Okay. It's okay. Please stop crying."

"I'm not crying."

Tay can't help but laugh. He is pleased when he hears nasal laughter on the other end. "I love you, Tawan." New says.

"I know babe. Irrevocably, right?"

The actor chuckles. "Yes," he sniffs, "Irrevocably."

A/N: An update!!!! Tell me what you think next one will come soon.