Chapter 11

New comes and goes. The world spins. Seasons change. And soon the streets of Chiang Mai are decorated with gaudy Christmas lights. Tall pine trees line every corner and almost every store at the plaza has the same Christmas song on repeat.

If Tay hears one more jingle bell jingle all the way, he might have to put a bullet through his eardrums. He flees his office before 4 pm. Smiles throughout the drive to the house. He whistles on the ride up to his apartment. Skips a little when he opens the door.

"Hey, babe."

New is standing at the entrance. He is swaying on his feet expectantly and immediately throws himself at Tay before the door closes behind him. Tay catches him by the waist and hikes him up. New is not an easy man to lift but Tay knows he relishes being lifted so he carries him to the living room and dumps him onto the 
couch.

New grabs Tay's collar and yanks him closer before he can straighten back up. He falls unceremoniously over New who only chuckles and parts his legs to accommodate him.

"I've missed you." The actor trails his nose along Tay's neck. "How do I bottle up your scent and keep it with me forever?"

Tay rests on his elbow and frowns down at his boyfriend. His eyes seem to be mocking him. "You sound weird."

"No," counters New. "I sound like you. You say shit like this all the time. 'Newwiee how do I make a clone of you and keep him locked up in my room?'"

Tay laughs. "I do not sound like that."

"But you do and I love it. I love the crazy things you say. It makes no sense sometimes but I love them." He folds his legs around Tay's waist. "I don't know what that says about me."

"It says you're a sap."

"Using my words against me. I respect that. Are you hungry?"

Tay licks his lips and New recoils, mortified. "What is wrong with you? I mean real food. I ordered rice and chicken curry. I would've cooked but I didn't want to set off the fire alarm again."

"Good thinking." He yelps when New bites his shoulder. "That hurt and not in a sexy way."

"Get up, Mr. Vihokratana. The food will be here in a minute." He nods down at Tay's crotch where he can probably feel his dick stirring. "Now is not the time for that."

Tay grins. Who can blame him? He is resting between the legs of the man he loves and misses so much.

"So for dessert?" He lifts a brow.

"Yes. Most definitely."

New brushes their lips together just as the doorbell rings.

**

New talks and Tay listens. Even at the dining table between bites, he talks nonstop about his work, the new lakorn he auditioned for, and what they will do for the one week he's staying over.

"Let's get a big tree like they do in those hallmark Christmas movies," he suggests. "We can decorate it together."

"Okay."

He smiles and digs his elbows into Tay's side. "What are you getting me for Christmas?"

"Why would I ruin the surprise?"

"Keep your secrets Mr. Vihokratana. In two days, I'll know."

Tay clears his throat and drops his cutlery. "About that," he starts carefully. "Christmas Day is kind of a big deal in my family."

"Yeah, no problem. I can be Christmassy too. I'll even try and cook again."

"God no. I mean, we always spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day together." He takes a deep breath and lets it out. "And I may have told them I'd be bringing someone along this year."