Chapter 3

Ziva's POV 

It's only been a few hours but the team seem to love Caitlin and she seems to be enjoying spending time with them. They don't have a case so Tony, McGee, Gibbs, Abby, Ellie and Ducky have been either playing with Caitlin or asking me questions about the past three years but I have just been very blunt with everyone and not really given them much detail into my life since I left NCIS.  It has been a little awkward when Gibbs has been asking me about Israel considering he was like a father to me and I just left and went off the radar without any explanation or heads up. 

"Ziva... Ziva.... Ziva you ok?" I heard Gibbs say, "errrmm yer I'm fine why" "everyone left to go get lunch and you've just been sitting here doing nothing" Gibbs replied to me as I looked around and realized that the squad room was empty except for me and Gibbs. "Gibbs can I ask you a question" I asked hoping he wouldn't have anything important to do "sure whats up" "do you think that there is any chance Director Vance would allow me to work for NCIS again" I asked but my question seemed to puzzle Gibbs a little as if I've never asked that question before "I don't know do you want to be Special Agent David again" "I don't know I think I do for me but I think I don't for Caitlin" my own answer puzzled me "that's really confusing Ziva" "I know it is Gibbs but I want to get back into my old life but I would also like to do whats best for my daughter" "talk to DiNozzo he's her father" "did you hear our conversation" "no I'm just not stupid"

After maybe an hour or so the team returned with Caitlin who was asleep and clutching onto Tony's shoulder as he carried her over to his desk "hey Ziva did Gibbs tell you where we went" Abby asked as they all returned to the squad room "yer I just had to think about some stuff" I replied, "Caitlin was so good she didn't mess around like the other kids and did everything we told her to do" McGee stated as he sat at his desk "I can definitely tell Caitlin is your daughter Ziva" Ducky said as he walked through the squad room and  towards the elevator which lead down to autopsy

I got up from Gibbs desk which is where I had been seated then went to go see Caitlin as she woke up "hey sweetie did you have a good lunch" I asked leaning forward to Caitlin's level so that I could see her face as she was curled up on Tony's lap, she nodded obviously still tired from the afternoon as young children tend to get tired quickly. "Tony could I ask you something" "sure whats on your mind Zee-vah" I laughed before replying "don't call me that and I was wondering if you could drive me and Caitlin to a hotel once your finished here" "I could but why don't you two just stay at my apartment" Tony stated but it sounded more like he was asking "I don't want to intrude on your life Tony" "you won't be intruding Ziva it would be nice to have you and Caitlin staying with me" "if your ok with it then sure why not".