Demon's Strike

You and Rias sat in the park on a bench with your cones of ice cream.

Y/n: Double chocolate cone is the best!

Rias: You always pick that one, don't you ever tire from it?

Y/n: Nope! And I'll never will!

Rias: Oh, Y/n. Don't ever change.

Y/n: I'll try not to.

You took a little bite of your ice cream. Simply enjoying the tasty flavor of the ice cream.

Rias: Y/n, are you aware of what Mio Naruse is?

Your cheerful smile shifts to a more serious expression. Getting into a more suitable role for the conversation.

Y/n: Yeah. I'm fully aware of who and what she is.

Rias: Then you must know the danger she'll bring. Low-level stray demons will come.

You closed your eyes. Completely aware of the fact yourself.

Y/n: Yes. But I don't care. Mio herself is innocent. She doesn't deserve this life. And so, I'll do whatever it takes, to protect her, give the life that was taken from her. Even if that means taking on the whole world.

You felt Rias's head on your shoulder.

Rias: I'm not surprised you said that. You're the type of person to run into the fire to save someone. Not caring if you yourself get burned in the process.

Her arm wraps itself around your biceps as she snuggles closer to you.

Rias: Don't shoulder too much responsibility. I'm here to carry that weight as well. I'll always be here, for you.

You stare into her eyes. She looks at you as well. Feeling a warmth blossom in your chest. The same feeling as that night when she kissed you on the griffin.

Rias leans toward you, and you focused solely on her lips. Your eyes slowly close when you follow suit, leaning ever so closely to her. You felt her breath tickle your nose, the smell of her hair. It was all intoxicating.

The meeting of your lips were close, only needing a second to touch.

Mio: Oh, I'm sorry!

Mio's voice comes out of nowhere. You stopped and saw her and Maria running in a random direction.

Y/n: Mio?

--------------------------------------------------------

Mio was power walking away from the park. Maria chased after her, calling out her name.

Maria: Mio! Mio, wait! Please wait for me!

Maria caught to Mio, who stopped in her tracks.

Mio: What do I do, Maria?

Maria: What?

The words you said etched in Mio's mind.

Mio: He's going so far for me. How can I even face Y/n after all this?

Tears fell from Mio's face.

Maria: Why? Isn't this a good thing? Now we know for sure that Y/n is generally a good person.

Mio: Yeah, but...

Maria: Now that we know his intentions are good, it's alright for you to open your heart and have faith in him.

Mio: Are you sure it's really alright?

Maria nods.

Maria: It seems like it to me other than... well, if you really like to do something nice for Y/n, then I think you should go right ahead and do it.