Familiar Forest

It was early in the morning at the ORC. Rias just woke up and got dressed. Her mood had improved greatly since yesterday. Thinking back fondly of you and Lucas.

She heads downstairs with a smile on her face. When she entered the room, her jaw dropped.

Rias: Y/n? Lucas...?

Rias saw you and Lucas out cold on one of the sofas. Lucas laid atop of you as you snore peacefully. Empty bags of chips were spread out across the floor.

Lucas was the first one to wake up. He rubbed his eyes and got up, yawning. His eyes slowly opening and he looks at Rias.

Lucas: Hi, Rias.

Rias: Hi, Lucas. Tell me, why are you two here? School won't start until an hour.

Lucas: We know. Y/n wanted to come over before it did start.

You stirred in your sleep.

Rias: You guys certainly made yourselves at home.

She looked at the empty bags of chips that were lying on the ground.

Lucas: Sorry. We'll pick them up.

--------------------------------------------------

You woke up shortly after and helped Lucas pick up the mess you and him made. Rias sat on her desk going through paperwork. You sat on the sofa in an uncomfortable silence. Occasionally twiddling with your thumbs. Lucas did his thing and munched on a raw fish.

Rias noticed your silence and spoke up.

Rias: You're very quiet today.

Y/n: Oh! Sorry, you just seem busy, and I didn't want to disturb you.

Rias: It's alright. I don't mind a little chat.

You walked over to her desk and glanced at the paperwork. You squint your eyes.

Y/n: What's all this?

Rias: Boring paperwork. Club activities, etc.

Y/n: Is there anything I can help out with?

Rias: You don't have to.

Y/n: I know. I want to.

Lucas snickers.

Lucas: He loves you~

You glared at Lucas. He continued eating his fish like nothing happened. You look at Rias.

Y/n: So, what's on today's agenda?

Rias: I got something special planned for Issei and Asia today.

Y/n: Is that so? What is it?

A playful smile graces her lips.

Rias: Sorry, you're just gonna have to find out.

Y/n: Like everybody else, huh?

You stood next to Rias and continued bugging her about various things. She was happy to reply to every question. Lucas watched this with a smile.

----------------------------------------------------

After school, Rias had requested that all ORC members come to the building for a meeting. You were already in the building when everybody arrived. Munching on chips on the couch while Lucas was hovering above you.

He snatched the bag from your hands and flew away with it. Annoyed, you chased after him. Rias was talking to Issei and Asia as you two ran around the room.

You finally caught up to him and snatched your chips back. With the bag in hand, you were just about to reach for a chip until two small hands grabbed the bag.