I

Maybe the universe likes to play with people every now and then. Like when everything is going well, but they decide that their life needs a little action. A completely unnecessary action.

That reason alone explains why Talia was packing her things to move right now.

Don't take it personally, she loved seeing new places. But moving was too much for her. Now her father had the brilliant idea of buying a house in a small town forgotten by God under the pretext of relaxing.

There are so many other ways to relax, but none of them seemed enough for him. Now she would have to leave everything she had built up so far behind living in New York.

It had probably been almost a month since they had moved there, while she stayed behind to finish her college studies. And for some reason she let herself be convinced to move in with them after she finished.

Maybe it was Lydia's insistence, or Delia's annoying voice, she couldn't say for sure. She just had a few boxes left to pack and put in the car.

Maybe she can build a clinic in the city, considering how big they probably need another one. And it would be good for her to test what she learned in college.

Trim Trim Trim.

"Hey Julia, I'm a little busy right now." she said, putting some objects in a box.

"Do you really need to go? What will William be like?" Talia rolled her eyes at the question.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not in love with William." She could almost see her friend's disappointed look.

"Maybe, but he's in love with you, why don't you take advantage of it before you leave? I've never seen you with any boy since I've known you, I'll ask you again." Talia groaned in anticipated disgust. "Are you practicing celibacy?"

"No Julia, Christ! I just haven't found anyone remotely interesting to maybe have something with."

"You're boring."

"I love you too, see you later." With that she hung up and went back to packing the boxes.

There weren't exactly many things she was going to take. Lydia had said that Delia had already prepared her entire room, which was certainly not a good thing, considering the woman's taste.

She had been standing in the car for at least 15 minutes, looking at the house that would now be her home. It was a big house in a way, with an old look, but not exactly bad.

The peace she was having inside the car disappeared as soon as Delia appeared at the door with a smile on her face.

"Let hell begin." she whispered to herself, getting out of the car.

"Talia, darling, I don't think I would ever get here." she approached, hugging her tightly.

"I just got lost in my thoughts." she then pulled away. "Where is Dad and Lydia?"

"Lydia is at school, your father is in his office doing who knows what. But tell me, how was the trip? Oh, wait until you see your room, I decorated it with everything modern nowadays."

Talia suppressed a sigh of disapproval and allowed her to show her around the house. There were several parts under construction according to Delia, it was a shame to demolish certain parts, it's a beautiful house.

Her room was a hodgepodge of completely strange things, she was reconsidering going back to New York and getting the things from her room before Julia managed to sell them.

Toc Toc.

"Dad?" She came in seeing how he was with his face to the window looking at something through binoculars. "Hm.. Dad?"