X

Talia had packed Kyle's suitcase and travel crate. She hadn't had time to find someone to take care of her. So she was going to take her with her. She really hoped the hotel wouldn't mind. There was no rule about not allowing pets.

Hugo unfortunately couldn't go with her. Considering he was stuck at the office for a few years to come.

"I'll be driving into town in a few minutes, Lydia." Talia said, answering the phone without taking her hands off the steering wheel.

"Come to our old house, we're here."

"Are you serious? I even made a reservation in town." She suppressed the pout that wanted to come out.

"Just come here."

Talia agreed. At least she wouldn't have to find an excuse about Kyle.

----

As soon as she arrived. The first thing she saw was Astrid on the porch, fiddling with her cell phone. She smiled slightly at Talia's arrival, but nothing more than that.

"Mom is inside with Grandma." She said, returning to her cell phone.

Talia entered the house. And as expected, there they were.

"Oh, honey, I'm glad you could come." Delia hugged her.

"I couldn't help but come." She then turned to Lydia. "And how are you, little sister?"

"By the way, the funeral will be at 4:00 p.m." She said.

Talia nodded. She still had a few hours. Lydia didn't seem to be in the mood to talk. And Delia was clearly focused on something else that Talia didn't bother to figure out what it was.

The house hadn't changed at all. The furniture was still in the same place. Delia's tacky decor still made the place look horrible. She missed that.

She slowly walked through the hallways. The stairs that led to the attic caught her attention. It had been so many years since she had been there that it seemed like it was the first time she had climbed it.

The model was still there, just the same. BJ's grave was there, erased as if it were just a simple model piece.

Talia also missed Barbara and Adam. But she was happy when they managed to cross the veil and leave the house.

"Exploring?" That's what she asked as soon as her eyes fell on Astrid sitting there reading.

"Yes." She said.

"You're here, ours is still here." Lydia says looking at the model. Talia knew how much that model brought back painful memories.

Talia continued exploring the attic while Lydia talked to Astrid. Maybe she should call Margara and ask how the office is doing? She had assigned her to schedule appointments while she was away.

How is Hugo? Probably playing some mischief with whoever approaches the office. She just hopes he doesn't get into trouble because of it.

"What is this?!" Lydia's panicked voice says. Talia turned around and saw her holding the paper.

"Oh, it fell off the model when I pulled the cloth." She then takes a closer look. "Who's Beetlejuice?"