III

Talia slowly opened her eyes. The first thing that appeared in her field of vision was Lydia sleeping, propped up on a beanbag (which she didn't even remember having).

“Lydia?” she murmured, having a light sleep, it didn't take long for her to open her eyes.

“How are you feeling? You gave us quite a scare.” she approached. “But tell me what happened?”

“I saw a spider.” It wasn't technically a lie, but she didn't need to worry her.

“Do you still have arachnophobia? I thought you had gotten over it when Annie made you hold a tarantula in your hand.”

“Please don't remind me of that day.” he then sighed. “It's late, you should go to bed, you have class tomorrow, and yes, you're going to sleep now.”

Lydia pouted, but said a brief goodnight. Before Talia could think about closing her eyes to sleep, she realized that she was still only wearing a towel. With that, she stood up, the towel falling slightly. A whistle could be heard.

“Not bad.” BJ had appeared out of nowhere, scaring Talia’s poor little heart that was already shaken.

She quickly covered herself, glaring at the ghost who had an amused smile on his face.

“Don’t you have anything else to do? How do I make you go away?”

“Wanting to get rid of me so soon? That hurts me deeply.” It was a complete lie. “Luckily for you, I won’t be leaving anytime soon.”

Talia sighed in defeat. There wasn’t much she could do, she didn’t know how to get rid of him. And she didn’t want to worry the rest of the family. Of course, it’s not like Charles and Delia would listen.

She then got up and headed to the bathroom.

“No matter where you go, I’ll be firmly by your side.” And there he was sitting on top of the shower stall, staring at her.

“Can you please leave? And stop looking at me like that.”

“Can you blame me? It’s been 600 years.” With that he appeared behind her. “And my eyes like what they see.” The slap that followed was loud enough to echo throughout the bathroom. “Aggressive, I can work with that.”

“You’re disgusting.”

“Yeah, I’ve been told that.” He didn’t seem the least bit shaken by the comment, leaving Talia frustrated.

“Get out of this bathroom right now, or I swear I’ll find a way to make you die again!”

“Let’s not resort to that, look, I’m already leaving.” He turns and walks through the door.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips. But before she could drop the towel, she checked once more to make sure he wasn’t at least peeking. To her surprise, there was no sign of him anywhere.

With that, she changed her clothes.

6:30am

Knock knock.

“Talia? Talia, you’re awake.” The mumbling that followed indicated that she was now. “Daddy said to wake you up, he won’t be able to take me to school, so you’ll have to do it, breakfast will be ready in 10 minutes.”