XII

Richard led them out of the afterlife. Talia felt sad for Lydia and Astrid to say goodbye to him. But there was a lot at stake now.

They ran to the church. Talia still didn't believe Lydia would go through with the wedding. What did she find so interesting about Rory? The guy was weird, and he clearly didn't believe in ghosts. Why would he be with someone who could see and has a show about it?

Talia sat down in a chair. Brushing off some of the dirt she had brought with her. Ignoring the looks she got from some people. Wasn't it supposed to be a small wedding? So why were there so many people?

"Hey." Was BJ there with...Delia? What was going on? "Here she is, she was calming me down before the wedding, I was nervous, get out." He pushes Delia aside.

"You, you're the thing from my dream." Rory says.

"Well, I'm more like a nightmare, but thanks."

Talia quickly got up and approached Lydia, looking at Beetlejuice.

"You're Beetle..." Astrid interrupted herself unintentionally.

"Rules of the book, you should never say the name."

"Why?"

"Because she made a deal to save you, if you want you can call me uncle." Beetlejuice was clearly happy about that.

"Talia, you agreed to marry him?!" Delia was in disbelief, and clearly disgusted.

"We needed to save Astrid!" and there's no reason not to. She thought so no one would know.

"Can you explain this?!" Rory was confused and very upset.

"Wow, now everything's screwed up." BJ appeared behind Rory. "You haven't made much progress with her, have you? I'll recommend some medication, it's up to you now, son." BJ walked away.

Talia watched as Rory seemed to refrain from speaking. But since BJ was spot on, there was no way to avoid the inevitable.

"I always thought you were a...beast." Rory said, Talia wasn't even surprised. "I never believed in ghosts, spirits, or anything like that!" he said.

"Wow, this is getting interesting." BJ summoned popcorn and offered it to Talia, who declined.

"All this time? So why do you want to get married?"

"Money, you know how much easier it is as a husband than as a businessman. I've never had a dead fiancée. I've always gone after desperate and sad women, when I found you I won the lottery."

"I warned you." Talia said.

"How about some physical therapy?"

BJ gave Lydia a boxing glove. She punched him hard, sending him flying to the entrance of the church. Everyone was filming, then turned to face the altar.

"We appreciate everyone's participation in this special occasion, but we want privacy."

With that, Talia watched as everyone was sucked into their cell phones. It was a very unpleasant and horrible scene.

"What's the need for this?" Talia crossed her arms.

"What? It's better than having us on the internet, a lot of women will come after me." Talia rolled her eyes.

The priest was about to leave. When BJ appeared and teleported him to the altar.

Like the first time, BJ was in a wine-colored suit. He then extended his hand. Talia was again wearing the dress from the first time. Tight enough to leave a generous cleavage that by BJ's expression he clearly planned to be like that.